Used My Pendulum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I tried it over a bunch of smoky quartz and it didn't work that well. I then tried it over my glass crystal ball and it went nuts, working like a charm. I always respect that there are things the pendulum cannot answer but I figure anything is fair game to ask as long as it's done in a good spirit.

Two psychics, on three occasions, have foretold a very large windfall in my older years. I asked the pendulum if I would receive the windfall. It said yes. I asked if I should just play the quick pick for LOTTO. Again, it said yes. That's about the only way a windfall that big could occur for me. If only one psychic had told me this, I might dismiss it but it's always a theme with the psychics and now the pendulum.

I asked whether I would ever feel really well and it said no. I asked if I should take the injections when I can afford them and it said no. I asked if I should ever take the injections and it could not give me an answer. I've been up and down with what ails me but ever since my CFIDS/ME was triggered 21 years ago, I've never been the same. At times, I've done pretty well but it never lasts. Now that it appears that I have Sjogren's, I'm exhausted. I would love to be in good, glowing health, as would we all, but I accepted years ago that my path in life might be one of poor health. I'll never give up trying to find healing because I have had some healing.

I have never wanted to live to be as old as my Mom. She lived to age 92. She was a bit frail the last couple of years but she was still sharp and enjoyed life. It was hard on her because that was at the worst of my illnesses. I'm 67 and have felt that if I live another ten years or so, it would be just about right. I kept asking the pendulum how long I will live; I really want to know. It said I would live ten years but not fifteen. I finally got it to bracket to twelve to fifteen years. That would be perfect. Some people don't want to know this info but it makes me happy to know that I still have some years but not too many.

The pendulum continues to amaze me. It will just hang there when I ask the questions. Then, I feel a slight spark in my fingers and it starts to move, sometimes in a small circle before it starts to swing straight. Some answers are stronger. I don't believe that what I want influences the answers because I would really love to be well again. We don't always get what we want.

Love, Mikie

LEFTYGG Member

my mom is going to be 93 in dec and this last year has been horrible. he body and mind are gone. im 63 and think 20 more years would be nice but the days im in so much pain i think do i really want to go on. my brother is 72 and partys like a rock star.

is the pendelum something from the occult? i dont like anything like that but do like muscle testing and such. thx love gail

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jam, let us know what the pendulum has to say. Prayers going up for healing for you. You've been through so much.

Gail, I don't know how to answer your question. People call all kinds of thing occult and, I guess, that has some kind of ungodly, evil connotation. Pendulum work has been around for ages and people use it for good and not evil. Most anything can be used for evil in the wrong hands. I pray every time before I use my pendulum or my crystal/stone cards for forecasting. It is my belief that there are many paths to enlightenment.

Everything in nature vibrates to its own frequency. We can tap into that frequency, like tuning a radio station, to help us get answers. I use a crystal pendulum because crystals are such good conductors of frequencies. Jam uses a rose quartz pendulum, another excellent choice. Just about anything which can swing on the end of a chain or string can be used. It may be that when we do pendulum work, we tap into a frequency not unlike when we meditate. It helps clear our minds so that we are better able to receive info. Pendulums can't, or won't, always answer our questions. We aren't supposed to know everything. Sometimes pendulums won't answer a question at one time but will answer it when the time is right. I don't think anyone who is fearful should try to work with pendulums or other practices which are outside what feels normal to them. With the right mindset and the highest intentions, pendulum work can be a great tool to help with life.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have tried the pendulum and I've been helped sooooo much by using it. I also see nothing evil about it but I do think there is sometimes fear about what people don't understand. I just did my grounding, opening up my chakras for better energy and peace of mind. One of the themes of my last quarter forecast is grounding. I do fine with my head in the clouds with spiritual thoughts but I sometimes need to remember that I have to live on this physical plane. Grounding keeps me more in balance. It also helps with meditation when the chakra column is clear.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I couldn't handle a busy life. I can barely handle anything at the moment. When I'm not in as bad a shape as I've been in lately, my life is just about the right size for me. I need to get back to being more functional. I know you are going through a rough time too. I hope and pray you get healing for your back.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Really interesting. I think people often fear what they do not understand and if occult refers to he unknown or hidden, no wonder people, over time, have given it a darker connotation.

I believe there is a wisdom out there in the Universe which we can tap into using a variety of methods. It is energy. I can actually feel a tiny spark in my fingertips just before the pendulum starts to move. I've received information when I meditate. I think it's because my mind isn't cluttered by the day-to-day stuff when I go into what Deepok Chopra calls, "the in between." It is the small instant in between breaths.

Again, thanks for this very interesting info.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've done in the past is to clap my hands. It's supposed to wake up our energy and improve the energy field around us. Ringing a bell is a similar ancient rite.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Crosses all religions and cultures. At its base, it is nothing more than stilling the mind. It is in that stillness that we can relieve stress and tap into Universal intelligence/God. Some say that when we pray, we talk to God and when we meditate, God talks to us. One of my favorite affirmations comes from the Bible--"Be still and know that I am God."

Deepok Chopra had another--"Everything is exactly as it is supposed to be." I think what causes us so much angst is that we often think things are out of control and aren't as they are supposed to be. When my life is at its worst, I try to figure out what I can learn from what is going on. I know that with our illnesses, financial problems and relationship issues, we are often overwhelmed but there is only so much we can do and the rest is up to God. Once we accept that and just turn things over to Him, it brings peace.

I haven't posted about options in a long time. Oldtimers here have probably read my analogy to playing pool. I dated a very sweet man who loved to play pool. We played on a league and he eventually bought his own table. There are times when it appears that one has no shot to play. If a player walks aroung the table, several plays present themselves from different perspectives. Some are beyond a player's skill level but they are there. It's important to see them because one day, the player will have acquire the skills to make the difficult shots. If there is still no shot, the player can simply play a safety, the pool equivalent of punting the football.

We almost always have many more options than we think we do. Some of them are beyond our present means but we may be able to get help from someone. Some options are not attractive but form a good Plan B if we need it. Doing nothing is like playing a safety; it's an option. Sometimes doing nothing is our best option. The point is to identify our options and make an informed decision. Sometimes the path we take is very difficult for us but it's our decision.

I've gotten a bit off track. See what happens when the mind expands :)

Rainbow, the tingle or spark I feel is the same as I get when I pass my hand over the card spread when I do my forecasting. It's like the card is saying, "Pick me, pick me."

Jam, have you felt the tingle or spark? I felt it more strongly after I used my pendulum over the crystal glass ball.

Thank you both for such an interesting discussion.

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, we absolutely have to leave judgement behind as well as being too attached to the outcome. On this earth plane, we don't have the big picture. We can't possibly see how something in our lives will play out in the long run. I usually try to identify the worst-case scenario, not to judge it but just to see whether I am prepared to handle it if it should come to that. Somehow, just knowing what could happen is better for me than just having some kind of deep dark unknown thing hanging over me. The worst case has never happened and I don't worry that it could. It just lets me know when I might have to "play a safety."

Usually, just like with pool, as the game of life progresses, more and more options open up. Even with our pendulums, we can't know everything. There are some things the pendulum just can't, or won't, answer. Still, it can be very comforting to get some answers. I think that we do these things sends a signal to the Universe that we are ready to open up and progress.

Again, this is a very interesting and stimulating discussion. Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  10. inprog

inprog Member

Hi Mikie and others,
    I wanted to say that Mikie, you ask the kind of questions I do. I ask them just like that like in your first post on this thread. I really do. When I first met Jamin, someone had loaned me a DVD of Donna Edens. I was so skeptical. Got to be bunk. So I just followed along with the DVD and did the exercises and with my stiff body doing just as best as I could. I felt unbelievable even bonking along at my pace. It was Donna Eden who said, I think, that one can get polarized during the day. She gave exercises, I believe, to unstuck us in this regard. Although she was not talking about the pendulum directly, this works for the pendulum. I think in my case, ( I have CFS) I can get very bottled up in situations easily and muddled over the littlest of things. Then my pendulum either just hangs there like duh or swings here and there just to let me know its alive. (It works well, really good with Jamin in the room- I know she remembers me commenting and laughing about it.) So if I depolarize by tapping the side of my hand on the edge from the base of the little finger to the wrist of the hand I am swinging the pendulum with using the edge of the pointing finger of my other hand and then later with that hand forming a fist, to do a thymus thump as Donna Eden calls it, it unlocks some kind of energy block in the body. Well, I don't wear an underwire bra but Donna Eden says something like that can make ones energy in the body weaker and I would think, just me thinking here, it would be a depolarizing effect if using the pendulum so it might not work as well. I got a new pendulum because I busted and then lost mine in a box of books. I was deciding what books to give away using the pendulum when it came between the book and the box and could not find the other end of it. It helps to get rid of baggage, and so I am decluttering too. Should I keep this or not, kind of thing. A big advantage. Hello to Jamin and Rainbow. I was ovrwhelm as posted before but now post as inprog as I am a work in progress but less overwhelmed. I don't post here often but will look in from time to time.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good to see you post. I always check the yes/no direction of the pendulum before I start. I do have a naval piercing but I'm not usually wearing my bra when I use the pendulum as I like to be comfortable. I know this sounds so strange but the ring in my naval feels spiritual. The naval and solar plexus is our spiritual center in our physical bodies. It's such a comfort just knowing it's there. I got it when I was younger and thinner. Now, when I go to a doc and he/she or the nurse sees it for the first time, it brings a big smile. When my stomach is upset, I rub in a small circle, touching the ring through my clothing and it helps settle my stomach. The ring is gold so it shouldn't have a magnetic effect on the pendulum.

I think the less overwhelmed we are, the better we can progress. The pendulum work helps in that respect.

Don't be a stranger here.

Love, Mikie
  12. inprog

inprog Member

Board is working way better than before so I can find my posts and keep up. Thanks so much for that advice. Being tired, yes, I have noticed it does not work as well.
    Best, inprog
    [This Message was Edited on 12/18/2011]
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If we don't come here every day, we really lose track of our posts. Everyone understands. It happens to all of us.

My daughter wanted to see me use the pendulum. I've never seen it vibrate like it did when I let it hang. I think it's not used to both our energy. It eventually settled down and answered questions. Then, DD tried it and it worked for her. It was like it was so excited by all the energy that it had to "dance."

I have found that I have to be very precise in asking questions. I asked whether I should get the peptide injections which may make me well. The pendulum just hung there. I then asked if I should get them after I got rid of the infection I was suffering from and it said, yes. I am working on building up my health before taking them as they are expensive and Medicare doesn't cover them.

I don't even try to use the pendulum unless I'm feeling well and not stressed. Even though you got some bad answers, I think it's worth your trying again. Pendulums can have an affinity for other objects, like crystals and crystal balls. I tried it over a clump of smoky quartz and it didn't do much to give it a boost. It loves my crystal glass ball paperweight so I hold it over that and it works so much better. I have found that working with it calms me and opens me to "seeing" more in life to guide me every day. It also causes more spiritual dreaming at night.

Love, Mikie
  14. inprog

inprog Member

Thank you, Mikie, for your insightful post on the inside use of pendulums. Got another tip I have not tried to say a quick prayer before use. I have not tried that yet. I keep mine in a gold cardboard box that maybe it came in. That way it goes not get jostled around in my desk drawer. I am recovering from a gout attack and should have asked if Egg Plant is ok knowing it wasn't from way back in my memory some 10 years ago. Most of the pain has gone out of my hip from my attack with just one finger joint left that hurts and is swollen. Next time I will use it for foods to test like maybe a picture on the screen of the computer asking if that food is ok for me when trying a new food. I shall have to try it for evening before sleep. You said so beautifully, " I have found that working with it calms me and opens me to "seeing" more in life to guide me every day. It also causes more spiritual dreaming at night." Thank you for that insight and sharing.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry you have gout. I know what a painful condition it can be.

I always pray before I use my pendulum or doing my forecasting with my stone/crystal cards. I ask for protection against any negativity and that any help I get be for the highest good of all concerned.

I leave my pendulum next to the crystal ball on a tray next to my bed. I put them both out in the light of the full moon the other night to help energize them. Pendulums can form attachments to other objects and mine seems to like the ball and works better when held over it. I may go back to wearing the crystal on a chain around my neck. When I started using it for pendulum work, I stopped wearing it.

Take care.

Love, Mikie