Using colon cleanses /Right Board ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am not even sure if this is the correct board to place this post. However, I am going to doso anyway. I have been thinking of doing a colon cleanse and have no idea of which one might work. I have always had a problem with constipation even as a child. I still fight with the problem. During the past few years I have gained weight ( I know some of this is inactivity and I am sure my metabolism is ALOT slower than it ever was). I have alot of gas and my stomach is so much bigger than it used to be. I have only gained about 15 lbs I would guess but have always been a thin person. Well, the weight has all gone to the bottom portion of my anatomy (not unlike many of us gals) and my tummy, HELP !!!

I keep hearing about these cleanses and am wondering if any of them really work on cleaning you out and also possibly helping to lose any weight at all. I also do not want to have to spend a fortune on something esp if it really doesn't do much for my health.

Does anyone had any good luck with ANY of them (if so which one) and about how much does it cost and where did you get it ?

Any help and information you can give me will be a big help. I have looked on Google and mostly get ads. Pluse hearing from any of you is mre reliable that hearing from someone trying to seel a product. I do not need to lose a bunch of weight, maybe a little and also maybe help to have a flatter belly and perhaps even more regular bowel habits. Also how long did you have to take it to do anything and show or feel any results?

2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Hi Granni--
    My mom found some helpful cleanses (I can't do them)-- I will ask her and get back to you either sometime today or tomorrow. She has had the same history w/ constipation like you describe.
    I'm sure others will have some suggestions too.
  3. Granniluvsu

Cindy - thanks for going to find out more from your mother. I would be glad to hear what she had to say to you.

Grammy - Yhanks you also for your information.. Did you lose any weight at all and how long have you or were you on it ?

I already take a packet of vitamins that includes lots of things including 1g/1000 mg of Vitamin C... So, if I do this I guess I could either not take it or figure out what I would need to add to make the amount needed. Where have you gotten your vit C.? How often do you cleanse?

DH needs the puter and I am sure I have more questions. I'll be back.
    Julie -lad to see you heara and that someone else has this problem :) !

Bye for now

4. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I take a B vitamin everyday that has extra vitamin C. Would this need to be stopped while I take the colon cleanse?

My other concern was when I had a ruptured appendix they gave me a ton of antibotics. I saw my pain dr. shortly after the surgery and told her how bad I felt. Her answer was, "everyone has good bacteria also in their intestines, the antibotics wiped out all of the good and bad bacteria. She told me to start taking acidopholus and it really helped. Will this colon cleanse also kill the good bacteria?
  5. Granniluvsu

Who was it that told you about this cleanse, the doc? I am just curious. Obviously it worked for you ! Curious if there was any weight loss too, not that I need to lose much. Most is in my tummy and some in my thigh/hips. I guess most of us ladies have that same problem, in almost the same places :) !!

Monica - I do not THINK the cleanses are supposed to get rid of the good bacteria.

I will be looking to see if I can find some already crushed or powdered form of vit. C. Haven't even priced it. I guess it is cheaper than the cleanses. Some are more expensive ethan others.

Thanks again for taking the time to write out all the steps for the Vit C cleanse.

6. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Hi Granni-- sorry it took a bit longer to get back to you! My mom used a cleansing kit from a company called Nature's Sunshine. She said her doctor approved of it, as she used it before going under for triple bypass surgery. Her doctor said it was balanced enough. It did help with her "belly" fat and cleared out a lot of gunk.
    I looked it up and found the website (she got it from an herbologist in AZ I think). It's a tad expensive but balanced to keep your body healthy while cleansing.

I tried the vit C years ago and it sure did clean me would probably be cheaper but however you go, you may want to run it thru your doctor if you have any additional health issues like w/ your kidneys or blood pressure.

Below is copy/pasted from the website. I used to use their products exclusively (now I'm too broke, lol) and they are very high quality.
    I didn't think to check prohealth's department for any products...they might have something good to try as well.

•Supports the natural, everyday cleansing of toxic waste from the body.
    •Works without posing dangerous side effects.
    •Improves energy and promotes a feeling of well-being.
    •Helps protect the body from disease.

CleanStart® [Intestinal] helps protect your body from common colon toxins that affect your overall health. This two-week program supports natural waste elimination to provide a sense of improved energy and well-being. CleanStart is easy to take and is balanced for more complete results. Each program contains 28 daily drink packets and 28 capsule packets.

Each drink packet contains:
    Psyllium hulls
    Bentonite clay
    Aloe vera juice

Natural apple-cinnamon or wild berry (black currant and raspberry) flavoring.

Each capsule packet contains 1 capsule of Enviro-Detox and 2 capsules of LBS II® to enhance waste elimination. The program delivers 10 grams of fiber per day to promote waste removal. Plus you get the additional cleansing benefits of bentonite, aloe vera and chlorophyll.

NOTICE: This product contains cascara sagrada, buckthorn and Turkey rhubarb. See your health care provider prior to use if: pregnant or nursing, any medical condition exists, or when taking any medication. Read and follow recommendation carefully. Do not use if diarrhea, loose stools or abdominal pain are present or develop. Use of this product may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Chronic diarrhea can result in serious illness. May cause allergic reaction in persons sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.

Take the contents of one cleanse drink packet 15–30 minutes before breakfast and again 15–30 minutes before dinner. Take the contents of 1 capsule packet with breakfast and dinner (twice daily). Mix cleanse packet powder in 8 oz. juice or water. Shake, blend or stir vigorously. Drink immediately. Drink an additional glass of water immediately following this. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.

[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2009]
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sounds like the end result is! But thanks grammy for the post..i"m going to give it a try.