Using Vicks Vapor Rub on Feet for Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Diabetes' started by JLH, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

This is going to sound crazy but here it goes..........in a recent newspaper......Dr. Peter Gott published a letter from a reader who has had peripheral neuropathy for 5 or 6 years. The reader said they had been taking Neurontin and it had helped a little but that they still had really bad pain. Pain so much that sometimes they would just lie on the floor and cry.

The reader saw a column about VICKS VAPOR RUB and immediately started rubbing it on their feet. The reader says that in 5 minutes that the pain was gone!!!

You are supposed to rub Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet, put socks on, and go to bed.

They said they slept the first pain-free night in 3 years!!!

They said they are using it once a day and the feeling is coming back, but no pain.

Dr. Peter Gott responded with excitement to the readers' findings. And was publishing the letter in hopes that other patients with neuropathy could be helped by this product, at considerable savings and safety. He went on to say that one of the most common topics that he is asked to address is neuropathy and to date, he had found no easy solutions, just Neurontin. So, he is thrilled to be able to share the readers experience in hopes that it will help other people reduce nerve pain. He asked to be contacted about this important issue.

Dr. Peter Gott P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, Ohio, 44092

I hope this information helps someone. Today was the first day that I have ever heard of Peripheral Neuropathy. I hope it is also the same day that I have discovered the pain relief that my Dad derserves.

Has anyone else heard about using Vicks this way? If so, does it really help?