UUUGH DOCTORS AND ERS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Sep 20, 2006.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

been having swelling in my left hand and arm so called my dr. office, all docs in meetings so nurse said she talked to my doc and he said to go to ER.

so I went I got checked in and sat in the waiting room for 2 hours. it was during the day when doc offices are open so thought it wouldn't be bad. WRONG!!!!!!

I was there from 11 am to 1 pm at which point I was getting frustrated mind you 3 of us in waiting room. no more. I was getting tired as well and since I drove myself i approached the desk and ask how much longer it would be she aaid she had to check with someone else another 5 mins past and no word.

I explained I had to leave this was killing me pain and swelling stressed exhausted. She said oh wait I haven't talked to the other person I am sure we can get you in in a minute.

yeah once I get in I will have to wait how much longer? mad I said forget It I am going home I can't take this anymore.

had to vent I don't go to Doc that much because I know sometimes I just have to wait it out. It must have been serious enough to send me to er but the er didn't think so .

My friend told me next time call an ambulance you go straight in that way. yeah and an outrageous ambulance bill to stress me out more.

THANK YOU FOR LETTIGN ME VENT
  2. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

My friend told me next time call an ambulance you go straight in that way. yeah and an outrageous ambulance bill to stress me out more.

Ok, I work for an ambulance service and that is just the

worst when people call for things like that. And it's

people like your friend that make the wait like you had at

the ER awful for everyone.

Also, like you said too, you would get a bill upwards of 6-

700 dollars and you might not even get taken right back.

Sometimes when people call us because they have the flu or

a toothache, they still get taken to triage in the waiting

room and have to wait right along with the rest of them.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible time at the ER, I

absolutley hate having to ever go to one. Seems like if

you ever have to go the best time is in the middle of the

night, and that's not always a guarantee either.

Hope you get feeling better!