V.V.H.- 6A Virus. Help! All So Technical!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anakinkaid, Feb 17, 2006.

1. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

I am studying (or trying to) how the VVH-6A virus is involved in CFIDS/CFS/ME.
    Does anyone have links, papers, etc? Help: My poor nonscientific mind is trying to make sense of all this.

Ana
  2. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

3. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Many, many thanks. I'll follow up on this site. I want to understand why I am so weak.

Ana
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Ana,
    I have HHV6. There is a lot of good info out there on this disease. Just type that into google or yahoo, and you should get tons of info. You can also type into a search, HHV6 foundation.

HHV6 is a stealth virus, something else you might type into a search. Knowledge is power in learning how to deal with this disease. Lots of people here have it. You can also go to the library section of this site and type HHV6 into it's search and get many articles on the subject.

Good Luck,
    K.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

"The Virus Within," is an excellent book on this Herpes-Family Virus.

Love, Mikie
  6. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Mikie & Kbak, thanks for the book & references. My husband got it last night at the library on his way home. And, since I couldn't sleep anyway, I read it all last night. Wonderful book! Explains so much! Thank you, thank you!

Also found (using the names in the book as a starting point) that a research center is being built at the University of Nevada-Reno to study HHV-6a and related issues. Dr. Peterson and many others are on their board. Here's the web address:

www.hhv-6foundation.org

Great info there, too. PLEASE keep in touch - again, many thanks.

Ana

[This Message was Edited on 02/18/2006]
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for your info.

The transfer factor, TF System 200, which I bought here and took for three months, targets both strains of the HHV-6 virus. I don't see it listed any more but if you wanted to ask about it, you could call the 1-800 number at ProHealth. TF's are supposed to be more effective than antivirals at beating back the HHV-6 virus, which is resistant to most treatments. Based on the strong immune reactions and Herxing I had while on the TF's, I would say they certainly do work well. I also took the TF C. I now only pulse the TF's a couple of days every 6 weeks.

I did take Famvir for 1 1/2 years before the TF's and I also did Heparin injections for three months. The Heparin caused even greater reactions than the TF's. Even after long-term treatments on ABX and AV's, there were obviously still a lot of pathogens in my system. I still Herx when I pulse the TF's, so I guess that it will be an ongoing battle. Still, I'm so much better than before these treatments.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Apparently the Formula 560 is equivalent to the System 200. It is available at Pro Health.

Kathy.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I probably won't run out for quite a while at this rate but eventually, I'm going to need to replace them.

Love, Mikie