Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, May 15, 2012.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

haven't been here for a few weeks because we have been on vacation (YEAH!), we went to the Smoky Mountains & had a wonderful time. We hiked every day & before Savella, this would not have been possible.

I did have to take more pain meds while there & for about a week after but I was able to function & as you all know that is a very big deal!

Thanks for letting me share my joy!
  2. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I have heard great things about savella. It is probably one of the only serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors or SSRI's that I have not tried. I tried so many other prescription meds and did not have good results.

My mother in-law just started the Savella and I hope it works as well as it has for you!
  3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I am so happy for you! Not only did you get a nice vacation, but the experience you had even if you had to up the pain meds, I'm sure gave you hope for a nice summer!

4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I too am on Savella and it has been miraculous for me as well. My fatigue was so bad I was getting worried about my ability to keep working. I was after my doc for adderall, but he did not want to do that so he gave me Savella to try and I have never looked back.

I am up to 100 mg twice a day. I take one around 7am and the next around 11am so as not to mess with my sleep at night. I still have bad days but much fewer with the Savella. At first my pain was way down, so much so that after 6 weeks I had only taken 18 pain pills versus at least 1/2 to a whole every day, but that did not last.

That was on 50mg twice a day then. I asked for the higher dose to see if I could regain the pain relief, but even doubling the dose to what I am on now did not work, so who knows why. But it does work for the fatigue, which is why I got it in the first place.

Wonderful to feel "normal" sometimes. I am going to New York with my daughter in a few weeks so I am glad I have this tool in my FM toolbox. Glad you are able to enjoy vacation. :) Thanks for sharing.

Forgot to say that I am losing weight on it too. I don't have the nausea that others reported though. I am still eating but I think it speeds up my metabolism. I have lost about 8 or so pounds, which is great. I did read that it might raise my blood pressure, but checked it at Walmart a little while ago and it was fine.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2012]
  5. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Same for me! The first little while I had no pain @ all. It came back but nowhere near as bad as it was. I take 50mg's twice a day. I have had high blood pressure & an elevated heart rate for years & on meds for both. Then they started going crazy & we thought I was going to have to go off of it. My Dr. decided to try a BP med & found out that the Flexerill I took to help me sleep was raising my HR, so he took me off that & they both went down.

I don't feel like my energy level has raised but my husband does. I just think it's easier to do things because everything I do doesn't hurt so bad now.

I have lost some weight also. Not a lot but I need to lose about 30 lb. so I'll take what I can get!

Have a good time on your New York trip - I have always wanted to go to NYC.

6. shawngold

shawngold Member

For vacation,Orlando is best place according to my experience.Rentals in orlando are awesome and also pet friendly.An iconic destination famous the world over. Orlando boasts accommodations for all lifestyles and budgets including resorts, B&Bs, hotels and everything in between.