vacuum cleaners, opinions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jun 21, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I need an INEXPENSIVE vacuum cleaner that will clean carpet and hard floors.

We are in a small, cluttered, cramped apartment for about another 4 months, so the Roomba (which I really want) won't work well. Too much stuff on the floor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Beth.
  2. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Though, it is not a vacuum, how about the Sharp carpet sweeper?

It is light weight and very easy to maneuver.It would be much cheaper than a vacuum cleaner.

The carpet sweeper runs on a rechargable battery, that plugs into the wall when not in use.

Ilove mine! Denamay
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

Hmmmm, interesting. Does it clean hard floors too? and is it lightweight? There is so little floor space here, it is almost silly to buy a vacuum!

Peace,
    Beth.
  4. spacee

spacee Member

Perhaps a used vacuum cleaner? They are ones that people have traded in and are "rebuilt". You find them at little vacuum cleaner stores.

We only have one room with carpet, rest hard wood or tile. So, we thought we would buy a cheap Sears. haha, that was aweful. Then I tried a dirt devil. At Amazon the reviews were that the people either LOVED it or HATED it. We HATED it and returned it.

Anyway, the store that I was dealing with had a big sign "eBay
    Store". They had a large selection of used and I think they sold them on eBay. Might consider that.

We ended up with an expensive one at Sears cause we are getting more carpet.

Linda
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have you thought about checking out thrift stores for a vacuum (used). Very reasonable and you can test them at my house! It could benefit both of us.

Just a thought,
    MRDAD
  6. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

best one I have used but isn't cheap is an Oreck
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I've found it is easier for me to use a canister vac then one I have to push. I also tried self propelled and found it to be way to heavy to manage.
  8. ncats

ncats New Member

I LOVE my Shark vacuum!!! I can use it every day!
    I could never run a heavy upright anymore.

I have four cats and the shark picks up great. I use it every day.

I also bought a small lightweight eureka vacuum that I or hubby will use
    when It needs more. But the light weight Shark is great,
    when you have fibromyalgia.

Ncats
  9. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I took so long to reply to your questian. Yes, the Sharp carpet sweeper picks up just fine on hardwood or other kinds of tile floors etc.

I'm not sure, but I think a new Sharp might be even cheaper than a used vacuum.

I will say it again, I love mine. My regular vac. is a good one, but it is too heavy for me to use on a regular basis. Love Denamay
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  10. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Prickles -- I LOVE the "rider vacuum" Let's get the patent going on it :)

I like the canister vacuums b/c of the lightweight. I'm not sure I would buy a used vacuum though. Especially not knowing what type of pets, etc. people may have had.

I've seen many people rave over the Oreck. Is this a canister type vacuum?

scapper