Valcyte blog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Feb 6, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

its all i think about. im waiting for my results to see if i qualify. But on one hand i dont want to know my results cuz if i dont qualify i will feel hopeless about any chance of recovery.
    But, if i do qualify ill be scared to start treatment because...
    a)it may not work
    b)i will have an allergic reaction to it cuz my body is soooo freakin sensitive to meds and i will have to discontinue use.

Just rambling at the mouth. WHen your health is as bad as mine, a study like this can easily become the center of your little world.

Hope you are all off to a good start this 2007.

God Bless,
    M
  2. Kal-El

Kal-El New Member

I feel your pain. I often have a very tough time even attempting to start a new treatment for the exact same reasons you gave there. If you don't qualify for Dr. Montoya's study, don't worry because Valcyte is already FDA approved and readily available...you can still get the medication prescribed to you by a willing doctor. I know Valcyte is very expensive, although I've read that many insurance companies are paying for it.

I just might consider taking this medication myself, but I'd rather wait and see how the next trial pans out first. I really don't wanna go down another endless road.
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I wonder if that's worth a try ...if your tests indicate you're positive for HHV6.

I take a combined TF that targets EBV, CMV, and HHv6. I tested positive for the first 2 .. seems to be working for me/

Immune Care 64. for what it's worth.

Delia