Valcyte versus HHV6 specific Transfer Factor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jsmithpa, Jul 1, 2008.

1. jsmithpa

jsmithpa New Member

I wonder which treatment would work better. Dr. Montoya found some benefits with Valcyte. Someone else did a 6 month study of HHV-6 Transfer Factor and found it effective also.

HHV-6 Transfer Factor is cheaper ($900 for 6 months versus $13,000 for Valcyte) and safer (no major side-effects).

The study compared 6 months of general Transfer Factor in 10 patients and HHV-6 Transfer Factor in 28 patients with CFS. There was no improvement with the general product but in those who received HHV-6 specific Transfer Factor, 68% had a noticeable improvement and 75% had a big increase in natural killer cell activity.

NK function increased from 8 LU to 54 LU (most healthy people are 30-160 LU) in the HHV-6 Transfer Factor group. It will be interesting to see if Valcyte improves NK function in those who improve as it would confirm that HHV-6 is the cause of the low NK cell function.

The full Transfer Factor study can be read at:
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

LISALOO New Member

5. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Where do you buy HHV-6 transfer factor please?
  7. viralfree

viralfree New Member

The study reads well and certainly is exciting, but...

1. was it peer reviewed?
    2. in what medical journal is it published?
    3. when was the study done - i could not find any dates.
    4. i couldn't find any information on Biologics, the company mentioned in the paper.

8. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

9. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Before trying this treatment, wouldn't one need to know whether one had active HHV6 present in one's cells? Yet I understood from very recent research studies that there is no commonly available test that shows this?? Has anyone had a test for this? If so, what were the results and what was your treatment? Did it help? Thanks! tamsyn