valdoxan/agomelatine sleep aid/ antidepressant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heapsreal, Sep 26, 2010.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

i think it has been released in australia, has anyone in australia or else where for that matter used this, mainly as a sleep aid? looking into how it works, it looks like a cross between melatonin and mirtazapine as it works on reuptake of melatonin and 5ht2 serotonin receptors which are good for sleep. It appears to be marketed as an antidepressant for those with accompanying insomnia. it all sounds promising but not alot of info on personal use can be found at the moment.

2. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

I haven't tried it. Any antidepressants that I have tried have actually resulted in insommnia for me. Wouldn't it be fine to have a refreshing sleep! The only meds that seem to get a result for me is the old fashioned Temazapam and I daren't take it too often in case it loses its effectiveness, - so when I'm desperate.
  3. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I use Valdoxan in combination with 7.5 mg Remeron (mirtazapine), 2mg clonazepam. Valdoxan is fine but for thos who are as overstimulated as me it is quite weak but useful. Note that Valdoxan is contraindicated with a great variety of meds !!!