Valtrex for cognitive function

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jul 6, 2008.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'm wondering if others have noticed cognitive improvement on Valtrex?

I recently discovered that Valtrex modulates adenosine and that elevated adenosine levels can interefere with dopamine-stimulated phospholipid methylation. And this process (dopamine-stimulated phospholipid methylation) is critical for attention.

I read this in Richard Deth's book : The Molecular Origins of Human Attention, & shortly after that I happened to try Valtrex for treatment of chronic EBV.

|noticed an immediate improvement in cognitive status...although not really focus or concentration...

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything more about this?

2. sscape

sscape New Member

OK I JUST SCREWED UP Im on Valcyte not Valtrex

Well a little better with cognition, but memory and concentration(obviously) are further hampered by preexisting condition for me. I was expecting better concentration, but it has improved only marginally.

[This Message was Edited on 07/06/2008]
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i have been on valtrex for just over 2 months. my brain fog was so bad before i felt dead...not even present in "real life".

now, i have been noticing a small amount of improvement in cognition - very small. i am hoping it continues.

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

This has been wonderful for me. I have my brain back.

I had an exposure to mold this past weekend and lost my brain again - fever, inflammation, less ability to think clearly. It was scary but after dosing up on stuff -it cleared out and my brain was still there.

Very pleased
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi marti..may i ask how long you have been sick?

thank you