Valtrex question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Aug 16, 2005.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

Dr. Dantini in Florida has put me on Valtrex 1000mg three times a day. I will probably start it tomorrow when I pick it up. Please! anyone have any feedback on it? My family doc told me that's a high dose, but to go ahead and try it and I will cut back if he thinks I need to. Do most people get sick when first going on it? Maybe I should start on the weekend so I don't miss work. Hope someone can give me some comments on it. My lab tests came back high in Parvovirus and CMV. The EBV was marginal. :)Cbella
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

If it works for you then you may get a herx response from the pathogen die off. It will feel like your flu symptoms with a upset bowel.

If you don't feel anything, then chances are the valtrex isn't doing the trick for you.

1000mg ( 1gr ) is normal taken 3xd. They're hugh pills!!

Valtrex , nor , famvir worked for me .... more's the pitty.

Good luck with them ...hope you feel better...

Elsa
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I took 1000 mg (1 g) Valtrex 3X a day for shingles, and it is perfectly normal for that. I've also taken it 3X a day for several months for chronic Epstein Barr. I guess I was fortunate in that I did not have any type of herx. I felt better from the first day I took it. I wasn't worried about going on it long term because I'd taken it for shingles and hadn't had any type of reaction. This is rare for me...most medicines I'm either allergic to or I need a smaller dose to avoid reactions.
  4. cbella

cbella New Member

for your replies. I feel better about starting on it now. It's so great to be able to come here and get answers from you'all that have had experience with a drug or whatever. You guys are great! peace, cbella
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A lot of docs are realizing that many with our illnesses improve with AV's. I hope it helps and that your Herxing isn't severe. Just remember that Herxing is a sign that the AV is working and killing off tons of pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  6. cbella

cbella New Member

Is there anything you can take if you do go through the herxing? Like tylenol or anything? hope you can help me with this.....I'm a little afraid of starting it, but will start on Saturday, (my day off). thanks, cbella
  7. cbella

cbella New Member