Valtrex Success for EBV or Larrea Leaf Experience

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toronto133, Jan 4, 2006.

1. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Has anybody used Valtrex for EBV? Did it bring down the amount of virus in your system? Did it help with your recovery?

My FFC doctor prescribed it for EBV and other viruses but my family doctor in Canada does not feel comfortable with me taking it for EBV.

Also, I have been reading some reports on Larrea Leaf being used for Epstein-Barr and other Herpes viruses. Has anybody used it?

Thanks in advance for your experience.

Denise
  2. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

Please, what is FFC?

I haven't heard of this Larrea Leaf. I will have to google it.

Best wishes!
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have never heard of Larrea Leaf but I know of others that seem to be effective.
    My ND( who treats a lot of CFS/FM patients) suggested Allimax and Oil of Oregano for my EBV and other viruses. I took them for a while and now am alternating with Tranfer Factor and I seem to be having some success. It's a long process and things may change but I am certainly feeling better since I started these.
    My CFS Doctor is looking into the possibility of using Valtrex and other antiviral drugs but she is still needs a little more convincing. We Canadians will get there but it will be a bit more slowly!!

Good Luck
    Kathy.
  4. cbella

cbella New Member

My viral loads were all high and I took Valtrex for 6 weeks, three times a day. I was so hopeful, but I have to admit I didn't feel any different, when it was over. I had one day that I got on the treadmill, and I thought "it's working"! But unfortunately that was only one day. And for us down here in the states, the medicine was so expensive. Good Luck, hope it works for you. cb
  5. wprescott

wprescott New Member

My personal experience with Larrea leaf is excellent. As good as Valtrex, at least for me. However, it is better to get the Virastatin version called LarreaRX... better than the usual powdered Chaparral leaf. I notice a real difference between the two.

WRP
  6. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Since I had so many other medications to start I didn't rush to the Valtrex. However, I might fill my prescription in U.S. and give it a shot in the near future.

Denise
  7. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Interesting information on the Larrea leaf. I will do a search on the internet to see where I can buy it as an alternative to Valtrex.

Out of interest - how do you know that the Larrea leaf has been effective for you? In terms of feeling better or did your tests show a decrease in EBV virus?

Thank you.

Denise