Vedic Tradition: Repost ~ The Basics of Quantum Healing

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Rafiki, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I know I posted this before but the atmosphere may not have been conducive to this kind of discussion at that time.

This is a very interesting piece by Deepak Chopra MD.

Some of what Chopra writes here about the concordance of quantum physics and Eastern philosophy and religion is very, very interesting.

It also has some fascinating implications for healing.

http://www.ascension-research.org/reality.html

It just happened to be posted on a Christian site about which I know nothing.

Anyway, I do hope someone else finds it as interesting as I do.

Peace
    Rafiki
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

bless your little cotton socks, Cate! You read it!

I love the way he pulls so many different sources together so easily. I've never been a big Chopra fan but this essay rocks!

:eek:)
  3. springwater

springwater Active Member

I was reading this yesterday....but my poor grey cells, weakened as some of them are, by chronic depression could not sustain their concentration and i had to stop mid way. Butsome of what i did read made me wildly excited. Enough to do a little jig on my seat.

For example...this line...

quote" And this is exactly what scientists are beginning to see. Scientists are beginning to see that it is not thoughts which are a product of molecules, but in fact molecules are structured out of fluctuations of information in a field of infinite information. That it is consciousness which is the phenomenon and matter which is the epi-phenomenon. It is consciousness which conceives, governs, constructs and actually becomes physical matter" unquote

this is the principle on which the Book The Secret is based. That THOUGHTS make your reality materialise!

Many years before The Secret came out, I read the very same principle explained by Dr Wayne Dyer in his book - You'll see it when you believe it".

_______________________________________________________________________________

Then this line...

quote " This is not happiness. Happiness has reasons for it. You're happy because of a reason. But when you're happy for no reason whatsoever, then you're in bliss When you're grounded in this bliss then you recognize that you're not in the body, the body is in you You're not in the mind, the mind is in you. You're not in this universe, the universe is in you. Body, mind, universe just happened to you because you find them interesting. That's all." unquote

The above is what happens when your meditation is successful. Everything is the same outside, your problems are still there, your chores are waiting for you, you still have a living to make, but....whereas before meditation you were worried, restless, agitated... while meditating...you are calm....it doesnt matter that all those things are there, YOU are at peace. What has changed? YOURSELF. Everything is still as it is. YOU have slipped into a space where nothing can get to you, because nothing matters. Except the bliss that you are experiencing.

Isnt it awesome? What we learn and keep learning? Rafiki, i have to thank you again, my dear one, for bringing posts like this to us. I owe you, I do.

God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

it's long but it's splendid!

It's so exciting and it's not just new and scientific, it's ancient and intuitive.

I haven't read The Secret but I have encountered the concepts in Buddhism and Hinduism and those who teach in those traditions. It seems that every tradition has intuited these truths, though. The French have an expression: Beware your heart's desire for it shall be yours. (Of course, they say it in French:eek:) We seem to know that we, at the very least, conspire with the Universe and must be mindful of what we think into existence.

Think something beautiful!

Namaste
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Rafiki....11 pages?? But I printed them my friend and I will read each and every word! Well most of them :)

Hugs,
    Deb
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You've already just absorbed so much! Save it for later. Waaaay later, maybe.

I don't think it would improve your practice. In fact, it could just confuse things as it's all theory and physics and stuff that would have totally thrown me for a loop. Could have made me anxious, too. (Must say, though, everything made me anxious - everything!)

Anyway, too much interesting theory isn't always what one wants.

You've just leapt ahead in your own personal school of being Deb. Take Spring Break early!

Oh dear, I sound like your mother.

I'll be good now.

with metta to you,
    Rafiki

7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I love it when this happens! Yesterday I wrote the above message to you and today I get this in my email! perfect!

This is one of my favourite teachers, Thich Nhat Hanh, talking about what the Buddha said about the very issue under discussion! This is what he had to say about whether all those pages would help you along your path.

Oh dear, all that ink!
    Sorry!
    Rafiki

The Buddha always told his disciples not to waste their time and energy in metaphysical speculation. Whenever he was asked a metaphysical question, he remained silent. Instead, he directed his disciples toward practical efforts. Questioned one day about the problem of the infinity of the world, the Buddha said, "Whether the world is finite or infinite, limited or unlimited, the problem of your liberation remains the same." Another time he said, "Suppose a man is struck by a poisoned arrow and the doctor wishes to take out the arrow immediately. Suppose the man does not want the arrow removed until he knows who shot it, his age, his parents, and why he shot it. What would happen? If he were to wait until all these questions have been answered, the man might die first." Life is so short. It must not be spent in endless metaphysical speculation that does not bring us any closer to the truth.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh, in Zen Keys
  8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

The other thing this makes me think about is how much time I spent trying to figure out why I was so terrified all the time and how little that helped me. I spent decades trying to figure out why my parents kept shooting me with arrows, but it didn't help me.

However, when I attended to my own state, calmed myself, got my thought under control, learned to practice compassion for all including myself (what a challenge that one is!) I could consider these others things in a way that was helpful - without judgment and attachment to a certain outcome. I could let everything be what it was and, therefore, could see it better and understand it more clearly.

I do go on!

Peace,
    Rafiki
  9. springwater

springwater Active Member

Yes, the arrow allegory is so apt. Makes so much sense. What will a wounded person do? Suffer pain? Be a burden on others? A healthy person who has recovered from the arrow wound will live, go on, perhaps to do good things. Perhaps find out, who shot the arrow. And how to secure him/herself later from other arrows.

An aside re Deepak Chopra.

When my daughter in grade 10, won a book review competition, her prize? A book by Deepak Chopra - Yoga and the Seven spiritual laws of Success. Sadly my daughter didnt read it but i have kept it for when she might one day want to.

Interestingly, the principal of her school had incorporated meditation classes and she had to send a circular to worried parents that it had nothing to do with a particular religion but was meant to help the children mentally and physically or somethng like that. The misconceptions re meditation even here.

God Bless