Veggin' Out On The Lanai

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Fall has finally arrived in SW FL. It's in the 70's with balmy breezes. I came home from work and fixed a snack and a tall drink. I'm about to go out on the lanai and watch the water ripples from the fountain in our little pond out back. I'm hoisting one to all y'all just because you are all so great!

Love, Mikie
  2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

For some reason we're having winter already in Ohio...I'm listening to sleet hitting my bedroom window and snow on its way tomorrow. I was scrambling around earlier trying to find the hats/scarves and gloves (found the coats already) was so beautiful yesterday, and HOT a week ago (that goes with the midwest though).
    So now I will think of your description of your fall weather and ignore what's happening over here. I hope I dream of balmy breezes tonight! Enjoy your snack and tall drink.
  3. jole

jole Member

Okay, thanks for giving us something to think about besides the cold weather. Actually, you keep talking like that and you may have a big bunch of us on your doorstep any day now (if we could FIND your doorstep)!

Thanks for the salute! Love ya ***Jole***
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Oh, I am so jeolous Mikie, I really need to move. It is getting so cold here in St. Louis. This past weekend I brought in all the patio furniture, closed the pool and brought up all the winter clothes and stored all the summer clothes.

I think I will clothes my eyes and dream that I am on the beach in my swimming suit just laying out drinking a rum runner and reading a book. LOL

Have fun and enjoy MIkie.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are streaming into our area, glad to get out of the cold. The store is packed and we are short handed. The biggest problem I have is that just when it gets nice down here, I have to work more hours and have less time to enjoy the beautiful weather.

I hope everyone has a chance to get into the sunshine and warmth sometime this winter. It got into the 40's last night and I snuggled up in my softest jammies and fleece robe. I enjoy a bit of crisp weather now and then. Today was in the 70's and tomorrow, it will hit 80. I am off and plan on enjoying myself.

For everyone in the cold, take good care of yourselves and keep warm.

Love, Mikie
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Save me a seat and I like iced tea!