vein pain in leg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Hi everyone, I am worried because I keep getting this cold piercing pain in my upper thigh. I think it is in my veins but I am not sure. I think it is because my leg get weak feeling. I want to shake it out alot. It's always feeling kind of achey sore. I'm starting to get little varicose veins behind my leg. Should I be worried about the sharp pain in my thigh or blow it off. It kept doing it last night. Today it has stopped for a while. Could it be a blood clot? I don't know if this is a fibro. thing or if I should be worried. My birth mom had millions of purple vein behind herlegs, they made her legs look purple in the back. Or is this normal with age. She said she ignored any pain she ever had with her legs. I don't know if this is the same thing or not.

thanks talk to you soon
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm not sure what your pain could be from. It doesn't sound like a blood clot, though. With a blood clot you'll have the pain, but you may also have some redness and swelling in your leg, and it may be warm to touch. You should still talk to your doctor about it, though, because it could be due to something else non-fibro related.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Pain deep in the muscle of lower leg or thigh could be DVT (deep vein thrombosis).

Here is a link:
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/Dvt/DVT_WhatIs.html

I had sharp pain in lower leg when I was pregnant and DVT was my first thought.

I went in and they did an ultrasound of my leg and found no blockage - it was just a freaky muscle cramp.

Getting it evaluated is easy enough. If you are immobile for long periods of time (I was on total bedrest) or if you have flown recently, you would be at higher risk.

Can't hurt to get it checked out.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Thank you so much I was so worried. If I am on it to long I need to limp a little and get off it. I will get it checked out. I feel a little better about it now.