Veins in Leg Do you have the same???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by levis, Nov 28, 2006.

1. levis

levis New Member

Hello all,

I hope everyone is ok, i have a question does anyone have really bad veins under their skin on their legs.

I noticed it a while ago, and until only recently has got worse.

It's all on my right leg and back of the thigh under the bottom area too. Really very painful, can anyone suggest anything apart from warm baths and massage.

Will be appreciated.

Love Levis
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. 1faith

1faith New Member

I don't know what to do about it, but I had the same thing when I had last had a bad flare. The veins seemed to become more prominent in my calves and got a dark color-almost purple! Now they are back to normal. I didn't do anything to make them go away.

I thought about wearing some support hose but felt to bad to get any.
  3. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I have FM/MPS, CFIDS/M.E., was JUST diagnosed with Lyme yesterday (yes, having a 'great' day!), etc., and I have terrible head, neck and LEG pain. I noticed blue-ish, green, purple-ish veins in my calf and back of my knees as well as the side of both of my legs. I thought I had varicose veins or something at 24 years old. I'm 32 now.

I hadn't been diagnosed with anything yet, so I went to a vascular surgeon who said that what I had was NOT varicose veines.

Finally, after proper multiple diagnoses, Dr. Jay Goldstein explained to me (I'm totally paraphrasing) that what I have is the collagen around the nerves in my legs showing...not varicose veins. Yes, they hurt which bothers me more than how ugly they are. They're not swollen, but I CAN feel them when I touch them.

The pain feels more neuropathic (nerve-like), so Neurontin has helped as has acupuncture for me. Sure, I still have it, but I'm "used" to it.

Just know that you're not alone. I wish I had something to suggest other than a nerve medication and acupuncture, but give them a shot.

Hugs,
    LB32 (Leeza)