VEINUS VITAMIN C THERAPY DOES IT WORK?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wen, Apr 17, 2006.

1. wen

wen New Member

I TOLD MY DR I DON'T KNOW WHAT FEELING BETTER IS. I HEAR PEOPLE SAY I HAD A GOOD WEEK,A DAY OF NO SYMPTOMS OR IN REMISSION. I DO NOT HAVE THESE. SO I ASKED HIM WHAT CAN I DO ? HE SAID HOW ABOUT INTERVEINUS VITAMIN C THEARPY. I WAS SAPOSED TO SEE HIM MONDAY I CALLED AND CANCELED I MADE EASTER DINNER SUNDAY AND I COULD HARDLY SIT UP. ANY ONE TRY THIS C THEARPY PLEASE TELL ME PROS OR CONS.WENDY M
  2. lsmbrenz

lsmbrenz New Member

Hi;

I started IV Vitamin therapy 2x a week a month ago. I have been on IV glutathione (sp?) for over a year. So far I don't see any improvement w/ the vitamin therapy.
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have had the Myers Cocktail but not the Vitamin C drip. I did feel that the Myers helped me and I know of others who have been helped by IV vitamins. If your Doctor is proposing it, I think it's worth a try.

Kathy.
  4. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

My holistic doctor has a son with EBV.

He said the son has periodic reactivation of mono. He gives him C IV (I'm not sure dosage or duration-- perhaps about 30 grams every week for 3 or 4 weeks) and that usually knocks down the EBV and gives the son a remission.

Edited 4/20/06--

I need to add that this doctor advises using oral C supplementation during IV C treatment period.

His rationale is that one IV session of say, 30 grams, will boost blood levels to a viricidal level. To maintain that level or close to it until next week's session, the patient would take perhaps 4-10 grams orally daily.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]