VEMMA anyone taking this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

Ii have just found out there is a liquid product called VEMNMA. Does anyone take this? What has been the results? I am real interested in this. It has something called Magosteen in it and essental minerals in it. Please let all of us know.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

it's basically just a multi vitamin, multi-mineral supplement with added caffeine from green tea......the amounts of the listed vitamins are fairly typical; some are a little higher than typical.....there are no listed amounts for the minerals, though, and that is troubling

mangosteen is a fruit that is one of the latest may wind up being really nutritious, but there are so many claims for it, it sounds a bit too good to be true, and there is not a lot of research yet about it.....and esp not re taking it in a supplement form

the form of B12 used is the least absorbable one, and the amount of folic acid may be too much for anyone who is at all sensitive to it, at least to start off.....they stress that there is a lot of iron, but don't list the is very possible to get too much iron, so that is also troubling

and, some vitamins and minerals compete with each other for absorption, so they should be taken at different times

plus, for anyone who has any food, med, and/or supplement sensitivities, it is not a good idea to try something with a whole bunch of things in it all at once.....if you have a reaction, there is no way of knowing which things are causing it.....and likewise, if it helps, there is no way of knowing which things are helping (so you may be taking a bunch of unnecessary things)

I am all for natural/alternative treatments, but IMO this doesn't sound like a good idea....sorry
  3. ChrissieJean

ChrissieJean New Member

I was on Vemma for 2 years. I started on a very high dose. The Norm is like 2oz a day. I had to start at like 2oz three times a day. Then I weaned myself down to the 2Oz and was told to increase as needed during flare ups. Well just like the other Mangosteen products I had been taking, after awhile your body builds an immunity and you end up increasing more and more. I don't know about you, but my budget is stretched to the max. Yes I will do anything to be pain free, but I hate the idea of paying almost a hundred dollars a month to have to increase when I was becoming immune to it.
    I was told to try MAX GXL that it was a much better product and you wouldn't have the increased problem b/c it had a better baseline for the cell absorbtion. But with my budget I haven't been able to try it as of yet. But from my personal research it seems to be a much better product.