Vengeful Ex-Spouses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I know I have posted this question before, but there might be new people who can offer insight. For those who are sick of me, I apologize in advance. My husband is in the process of divorcing me, and is claiming that I can work full-time. I have not worked full-time since 1983 and part-time since 1987. I actually cannot work at all at this time, and have 3 children. Two of my children (twins) have psychiatric disorders. They are 9 and very difficult to care for. Anyway, my divorce is going to basically become a disability hearing of sorts. I am wondering if anyone out there has successfully battled a vicious ex-spouse on the issue of disability and what type of outcome you had. Thank you.

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

To answer some of your questions, I have CFS and FM; I tried to get Social Security Disability back in 1990 or 1991. They turned me down because they said I could bathe and feed myself. I didn't have the energy to pursue it further at that time. Now it has been so many years since I have worked, I no longer qualify to even apply.

Didn't understand about that device you put under the car, what exactly were you suggesting? Sorry I didn't understand.

Also, I have 5 letters from 5 different doctors stating that I am disabled, they are dated 1987, 1991, 1999, 2000 and 2002. I am trying to get a new one that will be current, even though my symptoms haven't changed much over the years.

Hippo
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2003]
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hoping someone will see this.

Hippo