Vent about insurance companies...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diricha, Oct 22, 2002.

1. diricha

diricha New Member

Does anyone have an insurance company that limits the quantity of certain medications? My rheum. switched me from Ultram to Ultracet. He wrote the Rx for 60. I noticed when I got home, they only gave me 40. I called the pharmacy and they said that is all my insurance will allow. So I called the insurance company and spoke with a pharmacist. She said the only thing to do was to write a letter to them, and they MAY approve more. I'm already paying a $30 copay and they only think I need 40 pills a month? I've just started feeling better the last week because I have been taking the meds more often. Now this. I guess I'll go back to Ultram. They would OK 100 of those. That would last me two months usually. I haven't noticed any difference in the effectiveness anyway.
  2. diricha

diricha New Member

Does anyone have an insurance company that limits the quantity of certain medications? My rheum. switched me from Ultram to Ultracet. He wrote the Rx for 60. I noticed when I got home, they only gave me 40. I called the pharmacy and they said that is all my insurance will allow. So I called the insurance company and spoke with a pharmacist. She said the only thing to do was to write a letter to them, and they MAY approve more. I'm already paying a $30 copay and they only think I need 40 pills a month? I've just started feeling better the last week because I have been taking the meds more often. Now this. I guess I'll go back to Ultram. They would OK 100 of those. That would last me two months usually. I haven't noticed any difference in the effectiveness anyway.