VENT one week back to work after surgery...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

...and my left hand HURTS. This is not good.

I've been back to work for a week after being off from my hand surgery March 17. I called my doctor's office yesterday, because the pain in my hands is increasing, and there is a new 'click' in the tendons of that surgical finger, below the surgery site. Darn.

The fibro has escalated this week, too. I take so much more pain meds when I am working than when I am home.

I plan to ask the doc to send me to PT for an evaluation. I don't know what else to do!

Seven weeks til this job ends and I start my new life and adventure in Northern CA, so I have to manage until then. Somehow. I plan to work part time after I move, and hopefully in a less stressful job.

Anyway, I'm just venting, need to share this with someone who will understand my frustration and pain. I am not sure I will get through the whole day today at work, unless the pain eases, which it won't unless I stop using my left hand. One handed typing is not fun, and my right hand hurts too!

Beth
  2. SusieQ13

SusieQ13 New Member

Hi Beth

Sounds like you're having a rough time but keep focusing on your new life. Seven weeks isn't long, although I know it will be tough to get through if your hand pain persists.

Good luck
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Beth,
    At least you know you can come here and vent!! I'm sorry that things are not any better for you right now. I hope the Doc. or the Physio will have an answer.

Seven weeks seems like a long time but it will go fast. Working part time is probably a better option if you can. You have all that to look forward to!

Thinking of you
    Kathy.
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I will take things one day at a time. Today it's minute to minute. If I could just go home and go to sleep I would! This morning was so disjointed and draining, with people wanting too much from me, I am out of energy now.

The pain is better, thanks to my good friend Darvocet, and I will just hang in there until I can go home. I am so glad it's Friday! And I'll see what the doc says this afternoon.

So often, by Friday my energy reserves are gone. From a post a few days ago, I've run out of spoons.

Beth.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i didn't know you were moving to northern california...are you going to be near the golden gate bridge...ilive in novato, in marin county by the wine country?

if going to be close by maybe we could go to the chat room and meet sometime...

hugs to your hand

jodie
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I am moving to Pacifica. A bit of a ways to Marin, but closer than southern CA!

Beth.