Venting...If I could just sleep..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gymmbabe, Jun 17, 2006.

1. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I know that I would feel 75% better. I wake up every hour during the night. I used to avoid napping during the day with the hopes of sleeping at night. No such luck! I work full-time (quitting is not an option). When I can squeeze a nap it, I do it. But, I can never sleep more than an hour or so. I have tried Ambien and trazodone, they help me fall asleep and I do sleep for about 3 hours...but, then its up again and down again. I never truly feel rested.

I will see my doctor again on Friday!

Dawn
  2. I go through periods like that also. Be careful not to eat chocolate or drink any caffeine, soda or coffee etc. Have you tried magnesium?
  3. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Starting 2 hrs before bedtime I take melotonin (6mg) 1 tablet mag and calcium. 30 minutes before bedtime I take 1-2 tablets of benadryl. (25-50 mg) The Dr at FFC said this is ok:) I have been doing it for about 3 weeks now. IT HEPS ME LOTS.

Good Luck
    Jolie
  4. uktim1

uktim1 New Member

i also would love to wake up refreshed having had a good nights sleep but i never do if pane or apnea dosnt wake me up its the constant tossing and turning a thousand times a night Graaaaaaaa drives me crazy my doctor said hes going to look into getting me help with the apnea so fingers crossed he will im praying that this just might make a difference :D tc tim