Vericose Veins...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeLeHpr, Mar 13, 2003.

1. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Anyone else have this problem since FM?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I don't have a varicose vein problem, but I have always been thin, don't know if that has anything to do with it. I have had FM for over 20 years now.

Hope others can share with you.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

spider veins on my legs.I did'nt connect it to the FM tho~
    I think its hereditary for the most part. My ma has had a couple surgerys for removel of varicose veins. Hopefully mine won't go to that.(good chance they will i'm told)
    Regards,
    Tracey
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Does anyone knows how those little monsters appear? I am very active (compared to what I have no idea) and not overweight either..And. they actually hurt..LOL
  5. basket21

basket21 New Member

These spider vein are usually hereditary. I had them starting years ago and I was a size 10. I guess that kills the weight theory for me. I had them injected till they were all gone.
    These injections did not hurt by the way. If any come along now and I cannot drive to the other town where the injections are, I bought that cream they sell on TV and it works just as good. Yes, they can ache. I think it's due to circulation as the veins are overloaded and spring a spider vein.
    I had some on my face and if you get them injected, bring a bullet to bite on cuz that really hurt.
    basket21
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Varicose veins are a hereditary defect in the back-flow valves in your legs. Both my parents had them, and mine started at age 29, when I was standing for long periods outside in very hot weather. Though I'm fat now, I was quite slim at that time. Though hereditary, some things can bring them on sooner,rather than later. Standing is the main culprit, esp. on hard surfaces, and waitresses often get them early. Excess weight does not help either. Putting your legs and feet up when you sit is a good idea. Don't cross your legs, and wear support hose if they start to throb. My doctor also told me to be very careful not to cut them when shaving, as they can "bleed like stuck pigs".
    Klutzo
  7. ColleenD

ColleenD New Member

Venastat found in any pharmacy is for varicose veins and leg pain. I just found out it also helps sciatic nerve. It has tremendously reduced certain deep foot & ankle pain for me. I get it cheaper now through Vitaminshoppe online(horse chestnut extract), but I would try 2 weeks of the drugstore Venastat to see if it helps you.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And they went away. Mom used to rub hers in an upward direction and they would go away. Anything which will irritate them and make them produce an inflammatory reaction will cause them to shut down.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]