Verse for the Day

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, May 15, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:10 (NRSV)
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

My sister, the one who is no longer in my life. When we had the breakup, she brought something up.

On my dads side, my grandmother is Jewish. She moved here from Germany. Most of my family on that side way back then, are dead due to the persecution of Jews during WW2. The holocaust.

She said she is sick and tired of hearing about me being a Christian. Seeing my family is Jewish. I am like hello!!
    My family, my parents did not practice any sort of religion period when growing up, they never have. Never once did I see them step foot inside of a church. If I learned anything at all about religion, I would go out and seek it. I actually considered my father a Atheist. My sister curses God. She does not believe. So why the heck even bring the Jewish thing up?

I do have fond memories of a Presbyterian church. When a teenager I was a camp counselor also, for a church camp through the same Presbyterian church. When in my early 20's I was also a prescool teacher at the same church. Though I had not accepted Jesus into my life during all that time, I felt like it was a sanctuary, a safe place away from the abuse.

I told my sister, its MY choice of what religion I want to follow. Regardless if my family background is another religion. All I can do really is pray for her. She does not feel love, she is still messed up in the head about abuse when growing up. She uses pills, illegal drugs, to hide behind and cover the pain. I hope one day it will happen, that she can come through that pain into Love. I love her no matter what, because I understand.