VERSE FOR THE DAY

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Pottersclay, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Need encouragement? Life's trials get you down? You feel like no one cares? Need a compass?

Someone does care. His name is Jesus Christ. Here I will post a verse or two....when I am able to come on-line. May your spirits be lifted by Gods word...the Bible.

If you have a verse that has touched your heart today, then by all means, please post it here. May the Lord use each of us to help another.

God Bless!

Todays verses are on purpose in life....meaning. Why are we here?

"Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit." ~ Jeremiah 17:7-8

"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank of angels-everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him." ~Colossians 1:16

"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopesup, he had his eye on us, had designs on us forglorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." ~Ephesians 1:11
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I like the Jeremiah one, it makes me think of the
    song with that verse in it.

Good created us for Good. We have free will, but we were intend for good things.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

The first one reminds me of Psalm 1 which starts something like that.

These blessed me today.

Sue
  4. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love."~Ephesians 1:4

"God decided to give us life through the word of truth so we might be the most important of all the things he made."
    ~James 1:18

"You know me inside and out, You know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something."~Psalms 139:15
  5. morningsonshine

What version are you using?
    almost sounds like the amplified version?
    I don't have that one, but like it.
  6. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I personally like The New King James version best bescause it is the closest to the King James Version. Sometimes I read from the NIV, etc....
  7. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"When this tent we live in-our body here on earth-is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever."
    ~2 Corinthians 5:1 tev

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved."~ John 3:16&17 kjv
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"Don't be bewildered or surprised when you go through the fiery trials ahead, for this is no strange, unusual thing that is going to happen to you."~ 1 Peter 4:12 LB

"Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33 NIV

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Psalm 34:18 NLT
  9. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." ~ Hebrews 4:16
  10. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"As the face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the person."~ Proverbs 27:19 NLT
  11. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"I will never leave you nor forsake you." ~Joshua 1:5

Gods pleasure:
    "You, God, created everything, and it is for your pleasre that they exist and were created."~ Revelation 4:11
  12. morningsonshine

Pottersclay,
    thank you,
    God Bless!
  13. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Hebrews 11:1
    "Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."

Romans 10:17
    "So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (The bible)

Matthew 17:20
  14. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

John 13:34-35
    "Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
  15. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

for your time of sharing. I enjoy reading these when signing on. Very nice screen name.

God Bless You,

BlueSky555
  16. MamaR

MamaR New Member

You are such a blessing. We need this so much.

Love...Mari
  17. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"MY God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."~ Philippians 4:19

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."~Ephesians 1:7

18. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you."~Psalm 55:22
  19. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

...the beginning of Job 19:25

"I know my Redeemer liveth..."

For me that sums up all the faith, comfort, strength, grace, hope, ANYTHING I could ever need or ask for.

God bless!

Mar
  20. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Friend,

I needed Psalms 55:22 today!! Thank you for listening to God and posting it!

See how we all can minister to each other? What a blessing!!

Love....Mari

Mar...just saw your post also!

That was so helpful to me to read that message.

Love, Mari

[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]