Vertigo Again, lasting a non stop for 6 hrs.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 27, 2008.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Another Vertigo attack, woke up Thursday morning felt it coming on made it to the recliner and had to sit there for 6 hrs.

My ears feel full, I still feel off balance and think its a sinus problem.

I saw the doctor on Tues. and he has ordered a CT Scan of my sinuses.

My anxiety/depression is so bad, I am so sick and tired of all this.

I doubt if I can make it to get the CT Scan because of fear of another attack.

Those of you with vertigo do your attacks last this long non stop?

Thanks and God Bless,
  2. pasara

pasara New Member

have you been tested for BPPV? i hope so. it is very common, as well as treatable through a series of simple maneuvers. i had horrible!! vertigo and these helped me greatly. in my case there were other issues as well, but this was a major help. you can google BPPV to see if it resembles your symptoms. sorry you have to endure this. i know how awful it can be!
  3. jess

jess New Member

Hi Great Gran,I can totally empathize and sympathize with you. I have had vertigo that has lasted several days. It is just awful. I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom without help.I have used a transderm scop patch and kept it on for 3 days. It always worked but now I can't use it because of my gastroparesis. Now I take a xanax. So far it has helped me. I also have ringing in my ear and some hearing loss so I wonder if it's Meniere's disease. I think though it actually may be neurological with me.Anyhow, I truly hope you can find out what causes it and prevent it or find something to relieve it. Jess
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Pasara, thanks for your reply, I googled BPPV and don't seem to fit but who knows. Glad you have improved and hope it stays.

Jess, yes its terrible and if I get to the bathroom someone has to almost carry me. Thursday I had no one so I wet my pants. I too take xanax but don't think I take enough, do you mind telling me your doseage.

I wonder if its part of CFS whatever it is it makes me miserable, now my ears are full and somewhat off balance.

Thanks to both of you,