Vertigo, Off Balance , Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by greatgran2, Mar 21, 2013.

1. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Have posted a few times about this and my weird head feelings plus the fatigue and body aches..Wondering if any of you have these problems.. I am scaring myself into thinking MS.. tks
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I've been diagnosed with meniers and I'm sure I have positional vertigo. I've read a lot about the sternocledomastoid muscles and how they affect being dizzy. The muscles are those like a thick rope from the back of the neck to the collar bone. Mine are very tight, especially in the mornings because I can only sleep on one side. Check out those muscles and really massage and squeeze them. You might have trigger points in them.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi greatgran,

Am I remembering correctly that you have Lyme Disease?

If that is the case, then Lyme and another common tick-borne infection, Babesia, can cause the off balance feeling and vertigo, plus the fatigue and body aches too.

4. sunflowergirl

How do you find a doctor who would check this out? At least 30 years ago I got a tick on me in Minn. but I don't remember getting sick. Took about l0 years after that to start getting fatigue then FM. Is there an on line site where I could send in a drop of blood? I'm in so. calif.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi sunflowergirl,

You can find a Lyme literate MD by going to lymenet.org...click on flash discussion...sign up for free...click on "Seeking a Doctor" board...then click on "Post New Topic" and create a post with California in the title so people will know in what area you are looking for a LLMD in. (ie: Need a LLMD in Southern California")

There is no site where you can send in a drop of blood. A LLMD would order the labwork. It is important for you to know that Lyme testing is unreliable though. Many people who have lyme had negative lab results.

Igenex lab is in California and LLMD's often use that lab. There is also a new Lyme culture test available from Advanced Labs in PA.

You may want to read more about Lyme and other common tick-borne infections at:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

6. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Just wanted to let you know that I also get vertigo and feel off balance. It probably happens several times a week.

It usually happens to me when I turn around when I am walking, say from one room to another. It's fairly mild, but very uncomfortable and disconcerting when it happens.

All the best---Jim
  7. donna13210

donna13210 Member

What do you mean when you say "weird head feelings"? Is the room spinning, or do you feel off balance and briefly have 'brain fog' ?

I become off balance frequently, but not to the point of falling. (but pretty close sometimes!) But I also get these "brain zaps" which feel like very quick electrical zaps, but they're not painful. Even my tinnitus changes key each time it happens. No lie! And the zaps happen a lot simply by moving my eyes.

Is this similar to what you're experiencing?

8. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Yes! That happens to me all the time! And you're right in that it's disconcerting. I'm only 59 and feel like I'm 99!

And if I reach for something after turning around, I come REAL close to keeling over. I live alone, and I'm afraid that one of these days I'm going to really hurt myself. I've been going through hell with surgery and other health problems since last October, so I haven't been getting any exercise. I've been attributing these "off balance" episodes to that. But I suppose it could have many causes.

What do you think it is?
  9. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I'm sorry to hear that You are going thru this.. I just happened to stop in after looking up about ear wax and going to post about it..
    I know when I turn my head something doesn't feel right in my right ear.. If I remember right.. last summer I had my GNP check that ear and she went in nd took out a small piece but still had the feeling in that ear..
    I sleep on my back or my left side most of the time so .. it really doesn't drain out.. Seems like I have had this a long time.. and never really connected it with my balance.. Sheesh..
    But my balance goes off alot when I turn.. I've been having so much muscle tension in my neck and upper shoulders.. actually thru my whole body.. even my toes sometimes.. I find myself.. when I am standing that I have my toes like squished up to the floor. ( possibly trying to keep myself supported)?... Even in the shower..

Then lately I have had so many muscle spasms in my neck with the weather and my sinuses some days.. my nose is running and some days Im stuffy..
    Think I will call tomorrow and see if I can't get it looked at again..
    Perhaps it could be with from the ear and then leading to trying to stand straight and I am overloading myself and creating more tension.. I dunno..
    but.. I hope You get yours straightened out.
    I live alone too and it is scary when You don't feel good.. and that creates more tension and anxiety..
    No one knows what it is like until they go thru it....
    You feel better Hon..
    Healing Hugs, '
    Deb
  10. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

The body aches .. if You are in the Northeast.. or anywhere I guess right now.. I can be ok ..for a bit then whenever a front goes thru or it gets all cloudy and damp.. that just makes me feel so much worse..

The heat in the summer feels better but then when storms come thru with the fronts.. that creates havoc with my body too.......

My parents live in Florida and my Mom says she gets where she feels it too.. and too when we get stressed over anything.. I think it really compounds and makes things seem worse yet!..
  11. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I've never noticed that stress or the weather affects me. I just ache ALL the time! LOL. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, though.

Have you tried a Neti pot for your sinus problems? So many people swear by it.

Take care!
  12. sunflowergirl

I bought it years ago when I kept having sinus troubles. Find it at any CVS or pharmacy or even Target. It comes with a special bottle that you just fill with sterilized warm water and a packet of the salt solution. Really helps clear the sinus.
  13. deepak

deepak Member

I used to have this earlier - this is what I think helped me

Nattokinase, Serrapeptase

LDN

Following Dr john mcdougalls diet plan - ( u can google dr john mcdougall and MS) - basically it is a vegan, whole foods and minimal oil plan.

Now I dont have those weird feelings and vertigo - knock on wood

Good luck,

Deepak
  14. deepak

deepak Member

Oh I also did an extended anti parasite program using RX medicines and a couple of months of ABX

Love,
    Deepak
  15. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

You asked me what I think is causing the vertigo. I believe it's toxins from dysbiosis and a leaky gut. The toxins get into the bloodstream and cause an immune system reaction similar to the the way our immune systems react to the flu virus.

Causing not only dizziness, but fatigue, exhaustion, aches and pains etc. It is very common for people with the flu to experience dizziness, vertigo, aches and pains, exhaustion etc.

It is not the flu virus that causes symptoms from the flu, it is our immune systems reaction to trying to clear the virus and its our immune system that has to clear toxins from our bodies also, causing the symptoms.

All the best---Jim
  16. sunflowergirl

Since I had that awful flu the last of dec. and all of jan. I'm still feeling "discombuberated" and loopy. I was seeing an integrative doctor who put me on hormones but I went off them about 3 weeks ago because my scalp was getting sores. Still have new sores so this morning I rubbed on coconut oil for about an hr. before washing my hair. I read that hormones could cause that.

Now I'm wondering if the detox stuff she's been having me take is bringing all this on. Any thoughts?
  17. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Detoxing to fast can and will cause all kinds of symptoms. From fatigue, brain fog, aches and pains, dizziness, nausea and more, as well as skin problems.

I also get scalp sores sometimes, and I have eczema around my nose. What kind of "detox stuff" does your integrative doctor have you taking?
  18. sunflowergirl

And it's expensive...30 day supply for $68. I checked on it...she basically charges what they charge her so she's not making any $ on selling it.

When I first started back in november I got terrible IBS. Stopped it, started it again and then had to wean myself on it for about 2 weeks. That tells me it was strong. Since I'm not going to this doctor now, looks like I'll either continue it by calling for more, or just stop it.

I do take oregano oil and also coconut oil which are both supposed to be for detox.

Try rubbing on virgin organic coconut oil on your nose and see if it clears up.

19. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

I did a quick search on the Orenda Immune. It has 2 immune system boosters in it, Muramyl Peptides and Beta 1,3 Glucans and one supplement that helps the body detoxify (Calcium D-glucarate).

Plus you said you take oil of oregano, which is a powerful anti-biotic herb. My sense is that you have overwhelmed your bodies ability to detoxify, creating the awful symptoms that come with it.

I would slowly cut back on one of these supplements and see how you feel. Maybe cut back one capsule of the orenda for 3 days and see how you feel and repeat if you think it would be helpful to. Does this make sense?
  20. sunflowergirl

Since the orenda is so expensive I'll try taking just one a day. I take the O of O about every 3 days, and the coconut oil daily for the last couple of weeks.

Are you familiar with the immune stuff in the orenda immune?

Honestly, I haven't paid too much attention to "detox"......figured it was just FM that was doing me in.