VERY BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leonatilgator, Jan 13, 2003.

1. leonatilgator

leonatilgator New Member

I HAVE BEEN VERY ILL AND WENT IN THE HOSPITAL CAUSE MY FEVER WOULD NOT GO DOWN, EVEN AFTER A COLD SHOWER AND LOTS OF LIQUIDS. TWO DAYS BEFORE I WHEN IT THE HOSPITAL MY MOTHER WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. MY HUSBAND WAS OUT OF TOWN DURING ALL OF THIS TIME. TODAY MY DOCTOR TELLS ME THAT I HAVE TO HAVE A CAD SCAN DONE ON MY HEAD. BELEIVES THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING WRONG BESIDES FM. I WAS ALSO CALLED BY MY BROTHER IN COLORADO TO TELL ME THAT OUR BROTHER DIED THIS MORNING IN HIS HOME. THE HOUSE CAUGHT ON FIRE AND HE GOT HIS SON OUT TO SAFETY. HE RAN BACK IN THE HOUSE TO GET HIS DOG AND NEVER MADE IT BACK OUT. MY MOTHER ASKED ME TODAY TO GO AND STAY WITH HER FOR A WHILE, SHE IS NOT DOING WELL. I'M NOT DOING WELL AND I NEED SOME HELP. MY HEAD IS BANGING. ID DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO. THANK YOU ALL, I AM STILL TRYING TO LEARN ABOUT FM AND OTHERS.
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I sure hope that there is nothing else that can go wrong in your life. You have had enough crises this week for 10 people. Is there a family member or close friend near you that you can lean on? What about a priest or minister? You really should be able to talk this out with somebody in person. This is too big a burden for one person to hande alone. Please, please, find someone to talk to. We'll be praying for you and your family.
    Kathryn
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

My heart goes out to you as I feel your pain. I will keep you in my prayers.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Leona, how terribly sad to lose your brother with all the other things you mentioned.

Will keep your family in my prayers.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. little

little Member

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers. Gail
  6. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

to hear about your loss. Its a hard then and compounded with the fact that your not feeling well makes it that much worse. I echo the others on the board,hopfully there is someone that you can talk to in the flesh that can help you!My thoughts are with you.....queenbee
  7. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

You have really had a week from hell. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please remember that you have to take care of you first so please try to find someone to help you get through this. And I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

((((hugs))))
    Annette
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This is too much for anyone to have to go through all at once. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear brother, in addition to everything else you are going through. I will certainly be sending prayers your way...

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, sometimes we have to make some really hard decisions, but there is one thing we absolutely must adhere to and that is to take care of ourselves first. This may sound selfish, but it isn't. You have been very, very sick and to travel at this time into a very sad and upsetting situation is about the worst thing you can do.

Let your brother care for your mother for now. Your brother who has passed would not want his death to endanger your health as well. I'm sure your living brother and your mother wounldn't want that either, but they are both in shock and not able to think about your needs right now. You are the one who must think about yourself.

Both my Mom and I were sick when her brother died and we missed his services. My cousin had a heart attack and was unable to attend my Mother's services. He is now dying of kidney failure, and I am unable to go see him because I have just recovered from a bad flare and am still tired. I don't know whether or not I will feel well enough to go to his service as death is imminent. I doubt I will be able to go.

I have learned that unless we take care of ourselves first, we are useless to ourselves and everyone else. It's hard to say no, especially under the circumstances, but sometimes life makes us make some pretty tough choices. My prayers are with you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Sending up a prayer for you and your family~
    This is too much for one person.
    Keep your strength and faith~
  11. achy

achy New Member

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Plese take care of yourself first...you can't take care of others until you do.

Achy
  12. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Are with you and your family. You will be blessed with the strength you need to get you thru...I'm so sorry for all your going thru.
    Wish there was more I could say.

Hang tight...
    Hugs,

Susan B
  13. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

was good advice. Everyone is grieving and trying to cope..you have to take good care of yourself right now.

I will be praying for you and your brother and family. I am so sorry for your loss and so very sorry your health is poor right now. Please let us know how you are.

May God bless and keep you and yours.

..Sherry
  14. BethM

BethM New Member

...to you and your family. Please take care of yourself first, as if not, you will not be able to help others at all. Remember to breathe. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Peace,
    Beth.
  15. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

It's people like you who make us realize how lucky we are.

I was gonna start complaining about how crappy I feel today, but it's when you see or hear of someone a little worse off then you, it kinda slaps some sense back into you. A little dose of reality goes a long way.

We should ALWAYS remember not to take things for granted.

And for you, there also is someone just a little worse off.
    But, I am so sorry for your loss and what you're going through right now. I believe there is a reason for everything even though we may not see it now.

Take Care of yourself, ~LISA
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi there & welcome,
    Youve really been through it lately,i am so sorry for all that youve been through,youre in my prayers always.
    Take care & ill be praying for you,avery gentle hug for you.
    sharon d(uk)
  17. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

You and your family are in my prayers.
    Tania