very bad sore throat and ear

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Clinic is closed here for the night, what can I do to ease the pain of an severe sore throat and ear pain, my throat almost feels like it is closed on the right side..it's almost to painful to swallow. Help!!!!!

Love to all, Ann
  2. connieaag

connieaag New Member

Some type of a pain reliever might help get you thru the night. You can probably garge every couple hours.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Boy do I feel for you~

I had the same darn thing 2 weeks ago.
    Both ears were infected according to doc. but it only hurt in one. (thank GOD!) and on the same side my thorat just about closed up on me! it killed to swallow.
    I'll tell ya,...
    mine was so bad that even 2 es tylenol did'nt take the pain away enough to sleep.
    I had to take lortabs,... and sleep kinda propped up with extra pillows. Cause to lay down acually made the pain worse. Maybe cause things could'nt drain well enough when I layed down so things got pooled up.???
    The glands in my neck got huge!!! and painful to touch.
    I needed strong antibiotics for 10 days.
    and I still don't feel 100% better.

Try the warm salt water gargles,... xtra pain meds,...whatever you have on hand.
    and see your doc. asap.
    It could be strep throat or larangitis.
    Hope you feel better soon~
    let us know how you make out ok.
    Hugs
    Tandy
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

up for Aeronsmom

Get yourself to the docs for those antibiotics!
    keep us posted if ya can

rest lots
    Tandy
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

That sounds nasty. I've also heard that warm salt water can help with the throat pain. I suck on ice cubes. The cold helps numb things a little bit.

A hot compress (damp and then put a towel in the microwave) on the ear can also help relieve pain.

Get into the clinic first thing in the AM, and take some acetaminophen if you have it.

Hope you get some rest...

Eileen
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Ann:

Have you tried to gargle with warm water with salt in it?
    It always seems to help me with the pain of this kind.

I know it is just temporary help until your clinic opens.
    You rest the best you can!

nyrofan
  7. born2fish64

born2fish64 New Member

My Dr once told me to gargle with coke or Pepsi which ever you prefer. The acid in the coke breaks loose the bacteria from your throat.Just remember DO NOT swallow because then the bacteria will end up in your stomach. I'm not sure how much good it really does but it sure can't hurt.
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

to see how your feeling~

I hope all is ok?? you posted this then dropped us like a hot potatoe! :)
  9. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I got to the clinic the next morning,and by that time I could barely talk. I have some kind of bacterial infection and the Dr gave me a very strong dosage of meds, only thing is it gives me bad diarreah and stomache cramps and sick to my stomache.

but that was because I had to take a double dosage the first time and then single dosage for the next 4 days, hopefully I won't get the same reaction with the single dose
    thanks for asking about me.

Love to all, Ann
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I have not heard of that before, would I get it from a Drug store?

Love to all, Ann