VERY CONFUSED..BLADDER INFECTION QUESTION. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Apr 3, 2006.

1. tes

tes New Member

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had to go on several different antibiotics before it cleared up your bladder infection? I have tried 2 antibiotics in the past week with no relief. She gave me a rx for CIPRO XL. I hope this works.

If anyone has experienced the same thing, can you please write and let me know what eventually worked for you and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am sick of taking these antibiotics and I hope this third one I'm on helps. I am so scared it could be something else...It's so hard having this illness with weird symptoms. I think we always tend to think the worst because of how much we have to deal with.

Have a good night

Tes
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tes:
    You might want to give it a little more time. I have used Cipro in the past and it has done the trick.
    Feel better soon!

n.f.
  3. CATHYRG

CATHYRG New Member

hi, i have always taken cipro for uti infections as with alot of us i have many allergies to antibiotiics. it works for me! cathy
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Antibiotics never worked for me...just caused a yeast infection....I used a heavy dose of cranberry constrate pills and watermelon seed tea. I haven't had a bladder infection in 3 years ( use to have them repeativly,) I still take 1 cran. concentrate pill a day. Soda was the trigger for me....so I limit it. It sounds so annoying but you have to drink water!!! I am sure you know that. You do not need antibotics - you can cleanse this thing away yourself. Good luck.
  5. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

about 10 years ago. I was on 3 different antibiotics & none of them worked. Then the infection moved to my kidneys & I had to be hospitalized for IV antibiotics. Keep a close watch & if you start to have any pain in your kidney area call your doctor fast - it is very painful & gets very serious very fast.

Not trying to scare you - it took almost a month for me to get to this point, but it got pretty scary once it got that bad. I was only 17 at the time.

Once I had the IV meds I was ok though.

Good luck,

Leanne
  6. jess

jess New Member

There is a natural product called clear tract you can order on line. This product is a sugar called d-mannose which is put in a glass of water several times a day. It sticks to the bacteria and allows them to be washed out.It does work but I guess it depends on what the bacteria is. It is especially useful for E Coli. Maybe if used with the anitbiotics you would get rid of the infection quicker. I would run this through to your Doctor first. Feel better soon. Jess
  7. penpardee

penpardee New Member

Until I developed an alergy to Sulfa drugs I always had good luck with Bactrim, now I use Cipro.
    I had had problems with (frequent) re-current UTI's and was put on a low dose of Macrodantin for 6 months....that seemed to do the trick!!!!