Very Disoriented feeling..help.....pls....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Oct 18, 2006.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Aside from anxiety and other CFS/Fibro symptoms. I feel constantly in a mild disoriented stated. I feel a annoying pressure in my head and I stand carefully to keep balance...although i have never fell. Its like slight spinning but not really. its scary and chronic. I have been told i have CFS/Fibro and tested high for candida....but i dont hear anyone else like this. Its life consuming and scary and i only way i can explain is maybe how a slight head concusion would feel.
    Im wondering if something else is the problem and im not properly diagnosed. I have had many tests ruling out almost everything. I dont know how to function like this and i find myself being very irritable and withdrawling from conversation.
    Please help with any suggestions.
    Even writing this is bothersome.
    Oh...and i am CONSTANTLY very very very hot. Even in winter with a tank on thats pretty scary too. Im only 31 and am not in menopause.
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

yes i am with ouch.. is it meds? I feel "out of it" all of the time and dizzy off and on. I struggle to find words, etc., but sounds different than what I am like. I am always Cold vs. Hot.

Please check with a doc as soon as you can and keep us posted.
    Hand in there.
    Hugs
    Kim
  3. cct

cct Member

I have had CFS for 16 years and I have experienced similar symptoms. The longest these symptoms have lasted is 12 months. Usually, they come and go lasting anywhere from a day to several months.

I think it has something to do with our inability to regulate our body temperature, infections, and brain inflammation.

By the way, I cannot tollerate medications, so I know that my symptoms are not the result of drugs.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Thank you everybody.
    I am on no medications. I wish that was the reason.
    yes it comes and goes..but lasts daaaaaaaaaays and changes in severity.
  5. blonderescue

blonderescue New Member

Dear Monicaz

I am with the others.

I am hot all the time.

I sweat in bed alone - and it is not kinky! I wear tank tops in winter and most of my wardrobe is T shirts/Tanks.

Possible that meds causing you dizziness. I have passed out before in worse stages of CFIDS because i ignored warnings you seem to be getting.

Low blood pressure sometimes makes people dizzy - may be triggered by cfs....

Rest or sleep as much as you can.

I hope this helps.

ps. if you cant sleep, read posts on sleep meds and do some research. I know you are not feeling up to it but nobody can do this but you. Sorry.

HUGS
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Not exactly dizzy, but a low functioning sense of balance, feel a little detached and unable to grasp fully what is going on around me. Vaguely nauseous at times. I think it's just part of the picture.
  7. desertlass

desertlass New Member

You're not alone. Sometimes I feel like the pressure is on the crown of my head and I just want to relieve it somehow-- it's not a tension headache or a migraine. It is hard to describe. I feel like I can barely tolerate light or noise when the head pressure is really bad, and I can't concentrate at all-- it's worse than the usual foggy feeling. Sometimes I feel like I might faint, but I never do, so I call it "vertigo" for lack of a better word. I think it might be part of the neurological issues we have, but it's probably best to discuss it with your Dr.

I also go through bouts of hot, burning hot tingling muscles and skin with sweat. When this whole thing started it was Cold, cold all the time until I would still be chilling deep inside, even while sitting in my winter coat next to a fire. Now I can hardly stand the feel of a warm shower. This whole thing is just one big rollercoaster of extremes. I sometimes I thought it was some reaction to meds, but now I think it's the fm/cfs.
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

thank you so much everyone. :)
    I guess i should stop trying to analyze all my weird horrible symptoms.
  9. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I think that sometimes we are left with nothing BUT thinking about our symptoms, because we don't know if it's CFS or something else going on. Thank you for bringing it up, because I have often felt like I was a complainer if I told anyone yet another weird feeling, but this is the place where we get to do that without judgment!

I wanted to find out more about our weird head feeling, because I have often wondered is it the meds/or me? So, when you told us that you aren't on meds (and I find that amazing!) that helped me deduce that it is the cfs-- so that saved me a LOT of worrying about meds. So, thank you for that.

Also, I checked on the "introduction" to cfs on this site, and it mentions specifically that we often experience the symptoms of a head concussion-- so your description of how you are feeling is right on the money, and not an exaggeration-- I hope that helps you and the rest of us reading feel a little less crazy! I find it simply mind-boggling the lives we are able to lead in spite of these profound disorders in our brains. How DO we do it?
  10. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

I had similar symptoms, and it turned out to be a result of hypothyroid (hasimotos disease). Very common with FMS. Once on the meds, that feeling went away for the most part. Still have some dizziness, but I now longer feel like I am having hot flashes. best of luck to you.
  11. winsomme

winsomme New Member

me too on feeling this way.

there is a product that i like in helping to control candida. it is called Candex.

also i take probiotics every evening before i go to bed. the most recent advice i have read about probiotics is to get three different brands with slightly different strains and alternate them from night to night.

thanks
    bill