Very Good Drug AND Herb Interaction Tool!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lolee, Dec 24, 2005.

1. lolee

lolee New Member

Maybe some of you know about this already but it was news to me when I found it, rooten' around on the web one day.

at: www.drugdigest.org

I was able to enter in ALL of meds AND supplements everything from Neurontin, Vicodin, Garlic, Milk Thistle, etc, etc.

It provided with a pretty concise print out (or just save as a bookmark/favorites) It rates the interaction ie: mild, moderate, severe, and even lets you know WHY there may be a concern.

Hope you find this as helpful as I did. It ended up being a kind of puzzle sorting out when I should take what.

But I started with a list: two columns: 1)must be taken with food and 2)didn't matter, then I sat on my bed with the actual bottles and sorted them in piles according to what didn't react with what. That helped narrow it down greatly for me. Then I was able to look at what need to be taken at night and what needed to be taken in the morning. It sounds harder then it was . . . . and I must say I felt like I had become WAY more knowledable and IN CONTROL! And that ain't something we get to feel very often! LOL!!

Luv,

Lolee
  2. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

Thanks for the info. But most of all, thanks for the smile. My favorite aunt's name was Lolee, i havn't heard that name in many years, what a nice christmas gift to make me think of her. God Bless and Merry christmas
    Sheri
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I entered all of my medications and got the following:

Here are my drugs:

* Aspirin - I take the small dose to prevent heart attack and stroke.
    * Clonidine
    * Dicyclomine
    * Flexeril
    * Methadone
    * Oxycodone
    * Phenergan
    * Premarin
    * Requip
    * Singulair
    * Xanax
    * Xyrem
    * Zyrtec

Here is what they said:

PROMETHAZINE (in Phenergan) may interact with DICYCLOMINE

Although the cause of this interaction is not clearly understood, dicyclomine may decrease the effects of promethazine. This could make promethazine less effective at controlling symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. Inform your doctor before taking dicyclomine together with promethazine. Your doctor may want to monitor your response to promethazine and adjust your dose of the medication if needed. Discuss this potential interaction with your healthcare provider at your next appointment, or sooner if you think you are having problems.

This interaction is poorly documented and is considered moderate in severity.

The only other thing was that alcohol would not mix with a couple of the drugs but I don't drink so those are not an issue.

This should be bumped until everyone has had a chance to use it.

Thank you again, Lolee!

abbylee
  4. lolee

lolee New Member

just bumpen' as suggested!
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

I hadn't known about that site previously. It especially helps that it can tell you about interaction with herbs, as well.
  6. lolee

lolee New Member

I'm happy that it is helpful to you all too!

I thought it was awesome!! I have mine bookmarked so when I hear about something here I can just input and WA_LAH! I can see if I should persue the "inestigation" LOL!!

SO much GOOD advice on this board!

Lolee

[ advertisement ]