Very Hungry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quilp, Oct 27, 2006.

1. quilp

quilp New Member

During a bad relapse, or even a flare week, my appetite is very strong. I just can't stop eating. Does anyone else have this feeling ? It's almost as if my body is crying out for more energy and craves the extra food in order to make it. Thanks in advance, Mark
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Mark,

The body is a strange thing. If you look at fibromyalgiatreatment.com, you will see Dr. St. Amand's Guai Protocal (I'm not telling you to start his Protocal, although it does help with pain), however he says that people with fibro have a "deranged metabolism". Further, many of us with fibro do have HG (hypoglycemia). He explains it pretty well. It may help answer some questions of yours, although I don't know if it will address why you have a larger appetite while you are flaring.

It almost sounds like your body wants more food or the right kind of food in an attempt to heal or get well. When my body is really hungry (which is almost always), I eat very high protein foods. I finally discovered whey protein powder (which is very high in protein), and it's good because it doesn't have any fat like protein bars. You can add it to any liquid (milk, soy milk, juice, etc) and it will really fill you up.

I also try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and high fiber. Again, I don't think this is what you are asking, but I guess what I'm saying is that you might want to look at what you are eating too and perhaps what you ate before you crashed. Did you get enough food and the right kind of food BEFORE you crashed? Hope that helps just a little bit anyway.

All the best, Erika
  3. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Or was it IMHO...No, it was IHMO; Well, I'm sure someone will know what I mean?

Thanks. I'd appreciate knowing. I've seen it several times now.

~~~~
    LadyLew
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I was totally getting like this too when I was relapsing....
    I just was put on a wheat free, sugar free detox and I tell ya, I have not been eating much on it but I always feel full and satisfied.....which is sooooooo strange for me, but man does it feel good to finally not have the urge to eat more. I also dont have cravings either.....

I think my body was dealing with some yeast overgrowth in my intestines (sp?) and that makes you hungry more and more....even when you are feeling horrible..... Not positive that is your same problem, but you may want to look into it......its working for me....

The Dr. said you even just need to change your diet for a 2 week period to see relief from it.

Goodluck darlin
    Erika
  5. pastel

pastel New Member

I have exactly the same reaction; when I'm "poorly" I'm starving, just starving. Lots of protein rich food helps as does orange juice (not a lot, but somehow just 2 or 3
    ounces seems to stabilize me.)

Who knows why; maybe hypoglycemia. If our systems are
    crashing or flaring perhaps lots of bodily functions go
    awry.

It does sound interesting about the no wheat, no sugar
    diet. Maybe I'll actually try it one day!

Cathering
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

IMHO... In my humble Opinion.
    Hugs:)