VERY NERVOUS... NEED PRAYER...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Godismystrength, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I have to have surgery tomorrow morning to remove a squamous cell carcinoma on the back of my upper thigh... I am very nervous for many reasons.

First, I had a traumatic experience with a surgery a little over a year ago where the doc didn't give me enough local anesthesia and I almost passed out. Also, I know that my condition with my ME/CFS has been horrible already and this will likely cause even more of a flare. And because they're doing a MOHS procedure, I have to wait around for an hour or so for the pathology and may have to get back on the table so they can take more tissue.

My heart starts racing just thinking about it. Also nervous about whether the cancer has spread or not. So please pray for me... I am SO not up to this...

Any thoughts and prayers are much appreciated!

Blessings,
    Shel
  2. sascha

sascha Member

report back in. may all go very well and smoothly. relax and deep breathe to keep stress down as much as possible. i know we cfids people need to de-stress as much as we can. best to you- salome
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

sending you lots of prayers at this time for you and for
    the doctors and medical people working on you.

Let us know how it all works out.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Waiting to hear back from you on the outcome.
  5. I can't thank you enough for your kind thoughts and prayers... the prayers def helped. It was very rough getting there in time (almost didn't make it) because of my current disability level. But once I got there, it couldn't have gone better! I wish ALL doctor's offices could be like this. Both the doc and his staff were so kind and caring... and very sensitive to my condition. And a pleasant surprise was that while I had to wait for the pathology, they had a small, dim-lit, quiet room with a couch and a recliner for me and my husband. So I was able to lay flat on the couch while I waited the hour for the results... SUCH a blessing!

And the good news is that the cancer hasn't spread so they didn't have to take more tissue! (Praise God!) So I just had to get back on the table for the repair work and stitches. I'm SO glad it's over and I'm back home resting now! Just have to use ice packs and stay off my feet for the next 2 days (not able to be on my feet that much anyway with this DD!)....

But thank you all again, SO very much!! God bless you all! :)

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
  6. They usually give antibiotic prescription as a precaution to prevent infection... but since I have chemical sensitivities, the doc decided not to.... so praying for smooth recovery and healing... no complications... thank you for your prayers!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2012]
  7. ...thank you so much! You are always such a sweetheart! Thank you for caring! I'll let you know how the healing goes. (I can tell the anesthetic has worn off now... ouch!) Hope today has been a good one for you!

I so appreciate your friendship, Leah! You are a blessing! God bless you!

Shel
  8. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Hi Shel, I have been too ill to be online the past couple weeks but I happened to check in this morning and saw your posts.

I am glad everything went well and that it is over! It's so exhausting just trying to get to a regular doctor appointment. Getting ready for surgery and all that entails is a major stressor.

Very glad to hear the cancer had not spread. Sending you some love and a hug.
    MicheleK
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Prayers going up that you continue to do well.

Love, Mikie
  10. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Take care and tell your body "no more funny business"! I always say I want a new body cause this model is defective.
  11. Michele, I am SO sorry to hear how ill you have been... I was getting concerned for you because I hadn't seen you post in a while... and I've been saying some prayers for you. I am praying that you will have an up-turn in your health and current condition... I'm so concerned for you... God bless you and keep you and give you strength and healing, my friend! Sending some love and hugs your way too!

Mikie, thank you so much for your warm and kindhearted support and prayers! I've been concerned for you too, as I've not noticed any posts from you lately. Hope you are doing ok... praying for you as well! Let me know how you're doing...

Leah, I only noticed less pain involving the large incision site since it was only a local anesthesia. But around 4 in the morning, I was rudely awakened by intense pain involving my wound, unfortunately. So today has been the opposite experience of yesterday... quite a nightmare today for various reasons. I thought I would write a seperate post about it after I respond here... but thanks again for your support and caring! Hope you are doing well, Leah!

Sunflowergirl, thank you too for your support! I share your sentiment at times... I've often compared my body to a broken-down junk heap that's stuck on the side of the road... I would so love a new body too! Or just some replacement parts ;-) I've also compared my body to a cell phone who's battery has gone bad... We've all had those times when after our phone has charged all night, it will only hold a charge for maybe an hour then goes dead on us, and then we know its time to get a new battery. Too bad we can't get a new "battery" for our bodies, right?! But thanks again, Sunflowergirl, for your post! God bless you! Hope you're doing well too!

I'm going to write a new post about my experience today... not a good experience, but just need to share... continued prayers appreciated!

Shel

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2012]
  12. Just want to be sure you see my above response to your posts on this thread, so I'm bumping this up...

I also posted a new topic called "Rude Awakening..." which gives more details on how I'm doing after the surgery...

Thanks again to all of you!

Blessings,
    Shel