Very new to This ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jema, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Jema

Jema New Member

I seem 2 have hit Rock Bottem, Not sure wot to do or where to go, Who 2 tell. Ive lost most things from around me which i totally blame myself for no one else, I thought splittin up with my Boyfriend would fix everything and id be Happy and it has n a way but not how i thought it would. Recently Lost my job Cant seem to fix anything I cry all the time and my doctor didn seem to care just put me on Pills which i dont take I feel such a failure and Very stupid for writin this Maybe sumone will reply ...
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi there and welcome to this group. Please don't feel stupid for sharing. Many of us have hit Rock Bottom. I hope you feel welcome here and that sharing helps you feel a little better.

Life is so hard so times. Hang in there and keep posting. There are lots of very caring folks here.I've hit the bottom a few times in my life and it's no fun but keep your chin up things will get better.

Do you have any family around you?
    Dee50
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sometimes in life, we do hit rock bottom and have to figure out how to come back. It sounds as though your problems are causing some situational depression, which would be normal under the circumstances. Do you have access to therapy to help you while you figure out what you need to do? A good therapist can really help. Depression doesn't cause our illnesses but our illnesses, and the things they cause, can lead to depression.

Figure out what your worst symptom is and start there. Since there is no cure for our illnesses, about the best we can do is treat the symptoms. Once you have the worst symptom under control, go to the next one.

Find out what resources are available to you. Become proactive. I know that's really hard to do when one is at rock bottom, but it will help you to take control over your situation.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad you found us; there is a lot of support here. Most of us have hit rock bottom at one time or another.

Love, Mikie

4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Tell us what you are feeling. What is your dx. Do you hurt? Are you tired?

You are obviously depressed right now (you are in good company here). Do you have any support there like family, etc.?

We are here and ready to listen.

Sofi
  5. ckzim

ckzim New Member

I'm sorry that you are going through this, and wanted to let you know,I've been exactley where you are at. Blaming myself for my choices, deleting people from my life, I called it (cleaning house) Lost my good paying job, due to the Fibro, couldn't fix anything, (the roof on my house was litterly falling in, leaking into the living room!)
    I cried at the drop of a hat...(tv commericals)
    My point being...I'm looking BACK on it...you will too!
    Take it one moment at a time...not the whole day at a time, but a moment...in that moment, whatever is knawing away at you, make it better. My moments were sometimes as little as I made the bed at least, or I put one foot in front of the other...there where days I coudlnt' do that, or even I brushed my hair today at least! Take it slow and easy!
    Try not to think about all the things you use to do...those are wasted thoughts! Think about the things you can do!
    Even as small as get out of bed!
    One friend of mine trying to cheer me up when I was going through this, said..Well...at least you cry really well!
    I brusted out laughing!
    You hang in there...this can't last forever...it's temporairy! Remember that...this too shall pass!
    Gentle hugs to you...
    KathyZ
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hiya. when i hit rock bottom it was with a loud splat..dont worry the only way is up and it will get better :)

i was once told grab the world by the balls and swing it above your head.. you can do that it will just take some planning thats all.
    as mikie said look at the worst symptom and deal with that and then go down the scale until your looking at how to deal with ibs or delicate skin.

sit down and totally dissect yourself list everything.. mine was pain to fatigue down to the annoying things like the cramps and itching. i am now of a frame of mind where i am no longer planning for my future ~ which i had NEVER done i am actually doing it!!

if you had asked me 5 years ago if i would ever see me as a dog trainer working in rescue and helping ppl to train their deaf dogs to sign i would have laughed at you.
    well it would have been more of a snort but you see what im getting at.

work on yourself and then when your feeling strong enough work on building a happy life.
    fibro hugs, smiff