Very sad, lost my last furbaby

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frosty77, Apr 14, 2008.

1. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

She was mostly an indoor cat, loved to sit in my lap snoozing all night, loved to sleep with me. She did like to briefly go out every night - she only stayed out a half hour or so, usually sitting on the back deck. But, Friday night she did not return so I spent a very sad weekend.

We will get other furbabies - I find it helps.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Makes me very sad for you. Glad your kitty was a cuddler, though; you must have good memories.

New furbabies help.

So sorry for your loss.

3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Frosty I am so sorry. I know what you are going through. I had the same thing happen last spring with my sweet kitty Sally. She went out to play and never returned. It's so hard not knowing what happened, if she's lost, trapped in a garage, or really gone. Not knowing whether to search or mourn, and when to give up hope.
    It's only been a few days, and sometimes cats can go on adventures that last for days. So I will pray for you, that she returns safe and happy. And if she doesn't return, I hope you at least get closure.
    I am sorry you have to go through this. It does help to get a new companion, not to replace them, but to fill the void.

I will keep you and your little snuggle buddy in my prayers.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Dear Frosty,

So sorry to hear about you losing your sweet kitty. Yes and it is especially hard not knowing what exactly happened.

Yes, I am sure it will help to get another kitty. However, you will always remember the one you just lost. She will be in your heart always.

Hugs and blessings,

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so sorry to read that your wee kitty has gone missing.

How old was she?? Have you thought about putting posters around the neighbourhood - ask your neighbours to check their garages and outhouses - she may be shut in somewhere.

I hope you find her, don't give up yet.

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So sorry,. Maybe she will come home. Sometimes they go into people's sheds or garages and then they get locked in. Do check the neighbors and make sure this did not happen.

One of my cats once travelled a drainage tunnel for about a mile and then got stuck trying to get out the other end. We looked for him for days and eventually saw this furry bottom sticking out the drain opening about 20 feet in the air. I had to get a ladder qand climb up to rescue him. He had lost weight enough that I could get him free.

I now only let my cats out into a catio I always build onto any house we live in. This can be foxwire on staves 6ft high that allows them outdoors but not free to roam.

I hope the kitty turns up. Have you checked the local pound etc as it may have been handed in.

LOve Annie
  7. Springfling

Springfling New Member

So sorry about your little furbaby. The hardest part is not knowing where they are or what happened. You are right that getting another does help.

Just wanted to tell you my brother's story. His cat took off like yours and didn't return. My brother was very close with his big baby and upset. We talked many times over the weeks and he always mentioned him. Well, and this is no lie, 4 weeks to the day, his big baby showed back up a lot skinnier but fine. They figure he just went exploring and maybe someone was feeding him. Who knows, but he did come back.

So, don't give up hope yet. Cats do like to explore and get into things. In the meantime, you can always get another furbaby and you'll have a companion for the other if she returns home.
  8. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I really appreciate it! Kitty was not really an outdoor kitty - she used to be out fairly frequently but the last year or so (she was 10), she has been staying in except for brief forays outside. She never wandered and the furthest she would go was across the street. I will miss her forever, but have great memories.

But, we will definitely get more kitties in a few weeks - there are just so many at the shelter that are in need of homes! Wish I could take them all!
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Please look for your little cat, ask your neighbours, she might be shut in somewhere and very frightened.

10. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Makes me very sad to hear of lost furbabies too!

We did look all around the neighborhood for her. The first night I was up til 3:30 looking for her, then the next morning my husband checked the neighborhood. All my neighbors are on the lookout. It's a quiet residential neighborhood - not many places to hide (two open garages, yard with dogs, open and visible yards for most other neighbors...)
  11. Springfling

Springfling New Member

I hope your Furbaby shows up! I didn't realize she was that old. I will keep praying for you and her!

I am glad you get your kitties from shelters. There are so many out there waiting for a home.

Best wishes & prayers!
  12. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Oh, so sorry to hear about your kittie, I read you checked with your neighbors, have you called the shelters?

They are such a comfort.... so sorry....

Love, June
  13. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Sorry about your loss.

I lost my cat once for a week, and finally he returned, after we postered the whole neighborhood.

I think someone else was feeding it and keeping it temporarily.