very sad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellie5320, Dec 28, 2005.

1. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

on boxing day we had to put our old dog(14YRS) to sleep as she was suffering heat stroke (not our fault) she had problems with her throat so couldn't pant I am sooo very sad I have cried every night I guess I will get over it with time she is buried here at my sons place as we are here over Christmas new year period thanks for letting me write my pain down
    linda
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... that you have lost your friend of 14 years.
    ((((((hugs))))))) Cry all you need to. It's okay.
    (((((((((more hugs)))))))))
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How hard it is to lose a pet. I am so sorry and am sending special wishes for good memories to outnumber the sadness of the loss...in time, that is.

Sue
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I am so sorry about your loss.
    I will be praying for you and yours to overcome this painful time in your lives.

Wishing you blessings in the New Year,
    Angela
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Linda,
    I'm so sorry to hear you lost your friend. When I lost my Shilo I cried and cried. It does take time. I think crying is very healing, I know I couldn't stop it for a long time.
    Take care and my heart goes out to you,
    Dee50
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Many of us have suffered that terrible loss of a truly loved family member...

I lost my Moose this April and I am still grieving hard for him...

No words I have could make you feel better but I do know that we ALL see our "true loves" when we pass, that is the only thing that has brought me comfort...I will be met by my beautiful boy and we will dance and sing and play, meantime he is dancing and singing and playing while watching over us...OUR ANGELS!

Wishing you PEACE and less tearful days and nights...Alicia
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Our animals are a part of us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

We had to do this with our dogs very recently. You have to love to feel the loss so deeply....

Gentle hugs,

Kim
  8. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

thank you all for your kindness we are home now so will have to fill in her holes in the garden etc where she used to cool off. tears already she didn't bark at the horse going past like I expected thanks once again
    Linda
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sad for you tonight. I know what it is like to lose our old furry friends.

It is a painful thing to go through.

I had to put my two older cats down...because they were suffering. We know that it is the best thing for them....but it is still hard...because we love them so much!

It is a grieving process... and it does get better.
    Maybe in time you can get another dog to love (when you are ready).

God bless....MamaR
  10. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

You can tell from the replies that so many of us know what it is like to have to put an animal down or to have one pass away. The heartache from losing my Sugar (cat) last January is still with me. They are part of our lives and our families. I hope you can smile again soon as you remember your sweet dog.

Blessings to you,
    Kat

[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]
  11. CASA02

CASA02 New Member

I am sorry - we have enough to contend with and our diseases are miserable, but the loss of a beloved "family" member of 14 yrs is heart breaking
  12. Musica

Musica New Member

really are so precious! I'm sorry you had to do that. It seems there have been several instances recently on this board. It must take incredible strength and love to overcome your desire to have her around as long as possible and to stop the suffering.

It WILL get easier, Ellie, but it will take time, as with any other family member.

In the meantime, please share your hurt here as much as you need to.