very STRANGE symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jun 23, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

It's funny because I'll go about a week or more with only my "normal" CFIDS symptoms. Then, all of a sudden, a ton of new things hit me out of nowhere.

The first one is actually something I've been dealing with for a while, palpitations on a regular basis. Yesterday morning I was laying on the couch and felt my heart flopping around. Normally, I will feel it and go to take my pulse, but by that time it's already done and over with. Well, yesterday I felt it and quickly went to feel my pulse, and sure enough, I felt a skipped beat. Last night, I went out with a friend and definitely overdid it. However, after getting home I decided to lay down on the couch. Well, my heart was racing...about 110 bpm. I thought it was because I had been out and about all night, so I figured after laying down for a few minutes it would return to normal. Well, it continued to race for about 45 minutes, and I was feeling short of breath. Eventually, I fell asleep.

My second new symptom is painful swallowing. It feels like a sore throat, but only when I swallow. When I looked at my tonsils, the right one appears to have a small bump on it. I don't know if that's normal or what, but that's the side that hurts when I swallow.

My last crazy thing is this painful bump I have on my earlobe, right next to my face. I thought it was a pimple at first, and maybe it is, but it's been there for at least 3 or 4 days now, and it's hurting more than when I first noticed it.

So, I'm officially falling apart. I'm most concerned about the heart palpitations. How do we know what's normal and what's the CFIDS? Back in January my doctor discovered I have a heart murmur, during a routine physical. He sent me for an echocardiogram, which came out normal. So, should I be pushing to see a cardiologist, or are palpitations fairly common?

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Kim,
    Palpitations are fairly normal with us because of the sympathetic overdrive. However, if your heart races for 45 min., I would get it checked out. It may not be anything else but you want to be sure. The other symptoms may be indications of increased viral activity. A lot of us have these odd things happen at times. Just mention them to your Doctor when you see him/her. Again, likely not serious but worth mentioning.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

What I can add is that you were experiencing tachycardia.

Normal heart rate is 60 - 100 bpm. Above 100 is considered tachycardia.

I would call the doctor, describe the episode and request to be seen ASAP.

He may want you to go for a more comprehensive EKG and a stress test. You may need to spend some time on a "halter monitor" at home so they can record for several days.

Prolonged tachycardia can lead to other cardiac problems. When your heart beats inefficiently, your body does not get proper delivery of oxygen to tissues and organs.

You need to know what's going on so you can be treated properly and so that you can get some peace of mind.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. Terry383

Terry383 New Member

Your post brought back memories of what I went through for a few years. It is scary when it happens, was on digitalis for a while. Even had an angiogram and my heart and blood vessels were found to be in top notch shape.

It seems to me like I went through all the the symptoms possible for a while and then they went away to be replaced by others.

To offer some hope, In september it will be 20 years since I first got my first symptoms which were very extreme in nature. Went into hopital and the doctors went from brain tumour maybe to lupus, to ms, to rare cancers, to dementia, to psychological problems.

Today I am 95% better, except I do have to take meds for allergy induced asthma (finally found the right combination of meds) and I also have High Blood Pressure (also finally found the right combination of meds.

I have eliminated all dairy from my life as well as nightshade vegetables. The former put my digestive system on track and the latter removed most of my joint pain.

I also take a combination of vitamins which I introduced one month at a time to see what changed. Glad to report that all helped and the last one, folic acid, really has helped me have more strenght and energy.

I have always remembered what one doc told me. Just because you have CF & FM does not mean that you can't get something else, check it out. I do, but have to say that to date none of the probables have come to be true.

Good luck.
  5. matn

matn New Member

This WAS one of major symptoms that I experienced. I thought I was going to die when it happened. I was initially diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse, but I changed my diet (no gluten, dairy, soy or anything processed) and all of these horrible symptoms went away! The doctor even said I did not have MVP anymore, which is supposed to be impossible? I am not a terrible fan of physicians anymore, but the important thing to remember is the I GOT BETTER AND IT IS POSSIBLE. Please read my profile and past postings for more specifics.

Lol

MATN

[ advertisement ]