Very touchy subject..anyone suffered breast cancer here??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am wondering because, I found a small lump on my left breast a few days ago and I got hubby to feel it too and he DID indeed feel a lump..I am not sure if I should be worried as the lump is sore to the touch, I phoned my Dr's office but the Office is closed until Monday, Should I wait until then to call my Dr or go somewhere else? Our clinic here is closed on weekends. any suggestions would be great.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I haven't had to deal with this but I think that I would wait until Monday and call your own Doctor. Even if you go to a clinic, nothing will get done until next week anyway. Your Doc will likely order a mammogram ASAP and perhaps an ultrasound and will go from there.
    I know it will be hard to wait until Monday. Just keep positive thoughts. A very large percentage of these turn out to be benign. I'll send some good thoughts your way.

Kathy
  3. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hey there Ann,

I just went thru this myself a few months ago; I had a big lump on my left breast, it would come and go!! I was worried, so I went to my GYN, and he referred me to get a mammo!! Good news, no Cancer. I am thinking, maybe it is just cysts.

I would get a mammo, and get it checked out ASAP..Why wait. Your primary care or GYN could give you a referrel for that.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    HUGS
    DOVE
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I will wait until Monday, there is no history of breast cancer in my family, there is throat cancer in my family,
    my uncle passed away last year from throat cancer. I will try not to freak out too much about this and just wait it out until Monday, thanks again Dove and kathy for answering to my post so quickly.

Love, Ann
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

There is a condition, called, Funcitonal Cysts, that's what my Dr back in 1980 called them.
    I had 2 of them.

The first Dr. who tested me wanted to remove my Left Breast.
    I was only 35 at the time, and it scared the heck out of me.
    So I went to another Dr. I took the same "Film" that the 1st Dr. looked at.

The 2nd one said it wasn't Cancer, that is was a form of Cyst that come and go, more when you are Ovalating.
    Even tho I had my Utherus removed, I still had the Ovaries.

After a couple of years I saw one more Dr. about it and he called them FUnctional Cysts also.

I had the Ovaries removed in 82, and they never were a problem after that.

One time, when I was living in Idaho, I had what I thought was a supious lump, and was really scared, because, I thought the other Dr.s might have been wrong.

They did the Mamogram, and once again it was nothing but fatty tissue,
    I had been to Church on a Sunday night, and we had a Prayer session.

All the Ladies, Prayed for me, and I knew, before I got the notice in the mail, that I was going to be alright.
    Now, the only thing I can say for certain, about the Prayers, is that, I wasn't Anxious after that.

I hope you don't mind my sharing my Experience with, you, and I hope, that your Lump will also be non-Cancer type.

This is National Breast Cancer Awareness month, and a good reminder for All of us, Ladies, and the Men too.
    To get that Mamomogram done. ;o)

I had mine yesterday, btw, now all I have to do is wait for the Good New postcard they mail you, (I hope )

Don't fret over the weekend, because it won't help, and see your Dr. or if there is a Women's Clinic nearby, as soon as you can.

I see by your Bio, that you can no longer do the same things that I can no longer do. what a small world, eh? sorry we are both in it.

sharonk
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

All very much, for your stories, suggestions. I will wait til monday and call and make an appointment with my Dr I can usually get in to see her within a day or two, I will keep you all posted.

Love to all, Ann
  7. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Ann,

In 94 My husband and I were trying to get pregnant. My husband found a lump in my breast that seem to appear overnight. After a mamogram, then a ultrasound,I had a needle aspiration, and the doc said the cells looked atypical...

I was really afraid...I went ahead with a lumpectomy. As the Doc took it out, he smiled, and looked down at me on the table and said, "Suzanne, we will biopsy this, but I can tell you that with much cetainty, this is not cancerous."

It was biopsied, and it wasn't malilgnant, it was a Fibroadenoma...And the next month, we concieved our first child!

What I'm trying to say is try to relax, and talk with your doc on Monday...It could turn out to be any of the things people have written about here...Even if they go in to take it out,(if it gets that far) it still can turn out to be noncancerous.

Hugs,

Suz
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I notice this lump actually a couple of months ago and didn't think anything of it,and it seemed smaller than
    and again last month I noticed it as well..but again I thought nothing of it and put it out of my mind, but a few days ago I notice it again but this time it seemed bigger bigger.

Hubby is angry at me for not telling him about this lump sooner, but again this lump is a little sore and I have heard that if a lump is not sore than it's NOT cancer!

well I guess time will tell.

Love to all, Ann
  9. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Was wondering how you wre doing...

Hope you are OK

Suz
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thank you for thinking of me, I can't get in to see my Dr until next Monday, so I have decided to go to the clinic but because of all the pain I'm in there is no way I can make it to the clinic, I plan on going there Tomorrow. I will post an update once I get home.

Love, Ann