Very Very Sad Idol Fan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mykas_mommy, May 10, 2006.

1. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

I absolutely can not believe Chris went home tonight. I knew when I was able to get thru 30 times in the first 15 mins of voting last night that it was a bad sign. I am so shocked, I was actually nauseated when the show ended.

Lets hope Taylor can go all the way
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

We were shocked...I thought he would win!! I said to my husband..he is was actually one I would've went out and bought his CD...He will probabaly still have one out..He was good!
  3. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

all of us up here in Canada are so upset about Chris too..what happened, we are in shock !!!!
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Well I cheated and peeked so I won't be watching it tonight.
    I loved him, I would have bought his CD. man oh man.. Elliot and Taylor are not better than him.

5. kriket

kriket New Member

a voting malfunction. OOHHWEEE, that would be terrible. Makes you wonder though don't it? Just a thought.

Kriket
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was also was concerned When I was able to get lots of votes in before I went to bed at 10pm.

I blame it on the comments made by the judges last night pushing Taylor and Elliott. Katherine was going to get votes just because she is the only female and she is not hard on the eyes for the guys that vote. She should be gone.

I feel sick and am not certain that I will watch anymore. The judges have been loopey all year. No one seems to be getting along and Paula has some type of problem.

I'm very disappointed.
  7. ulala

ulala New Member

Kat should have gone home. She will have a great career ahead of her, but her singing and song choices left a lot to be desired. I personally hoped that Kelly Pickler would have won! She has a wonderful personality and could have been coached into being a great singer.

I'm sure we will be seeing more of her!
  8. mamabear2157

mamabear2157 New Member

I hear Kelly is headed to Nashville!!!! Sure hope so.

As for Chris, I really thought he would win. I am still in shock. I can't believe that Kat could forget her lyrics and still make it through. I hope that Taylor wins it all!!

Gentle hugs,

Mary Ellen
  9. painandagony

painandagony New Member

Chris is hands down in a different league than the rest of them. Oh well, he will go far in his music career, there is no doubt.

Funny, mykas_mommy that you said you were nauseated! I was talking to a friend of mine on the telephone when the results were in and she said she was sick to her stomach too!!
  10. gladone

gladone New Member

Here is my take on what happened. The voting public (that us) thought that Chris could very well be the next Idol.

So, because we all thought Chris was safe we threw our votes to others. We, the voting public were not thinking that the whole flipin country had done the same thing (oops and double oops).

I think Chris was as shocked as we all were based on his reaction. No worries, he still has a great future ahead.

At least the show hasn't gone stale in its 5th season!!!

Later,
    Gladone

11. browneyelady48

browneyelady48 New Member

I don't think anyone was as shocked as Chis himself. Personally i believe he had way to much confidences in himself that he was the winner. They all are good.
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

she was going to throw up when she heard chris lost...i got the details here in california...i too couldn't beleive it...

they are all good but chris had it going on...but i did not vote for anyone at all this season so it is my own fault....

forgot who posted that basically we thought chris had it in the bag...my words...and we were thinking other were still voting...my sister said she couldn't get through to vote in michigan for some reason...

there goes my married eye candy...he will make more moola than anyone else i think since american idol has been on...

jodie
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

I was SURE Chris would win this yr!!!
    What a scam!!
    How in hell can anyone in there right mind let Kat and Elliot stay over Him!!????
    What a crock!
    I'm pissed,...
    wheres the angry icon??
  14. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I tried to get through for 1 1/2 hr to vote for Chris. AI is pushing Taylor that has been obvious with most of the choices of song venues they have chosen and it wasn't right that they show cased him again last night. With Katherine forgetting her words the other night I don't believe that Chris was the lowest. I have wondered it before but I am pretty sure now that the whole thing is rigged. They know who is going to win before we even so called vote. Everyone I talked to last night and this Am said they could not get through to Chris's number.

So I think I am done with AI. Chris deserves better. I will buy his CDs.

Signed a Former AI fan.
  15. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Every single time I have picked a favorite, he/she gets sent home. Bucky, Ace, Kelly and now Chris. I am bummed.

Who should I pick next week? LOL

I will buy their records, though.

God Bless.
  16. Empower

Empower New Member

I was shocked, but I think Chris was a little over confident too.

I voted for Taylor and Elliot. I got through to Taylor alot of times b4 10, so I thought he was going to get the boot. I was surprised I was able to get through so easily

I truly believe that people get tired of trying to get through to an Idol, and are tempted to vote for someone else

Don't know why, but I have been tempted

I think Katherine is too overconfident too
  17. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I also love Chris and wanted him to win but it's just a show and if he is truly talented which he is he will get a record deal and you will be able to buy his album.

They are all really talented and anything can happen. As much as I love chris I do think he seemed a little arragant (don't know if he is just an impression) so that may have had something to do with it. This has happened before when voters think someone is safe and so they vote for another person. Voters should just vote for their favorite. I also heard that only 2% seperated the 4 and it was the closest vote ever. A statistical tie

I don't agree that AI wants Taylor to win. Simon has been very hard on him and his music doesn't really fit any particular genre. Like the others. Elliot smooth jazz, Kat Christina/Marih/Celine typ of songs, Chris rock and roll.

The question now is who will get Chris fans next week?? I think maybe Taylor. So if you liked Chris who will your vote go to??

Lynn
  18. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Whoever AI producers want to win will win. And yes they are pushing Taylor or he wouldn't have sung again last night when this was a live show and limited time. The whole thing was set up as was when he knew which people were in the bottom three and he faked Chris out and choose the other group. It was all rehearsed and Taylor knew who was in the bottom three. I am not critizing his singing and its not his fault but it is Fox AI who is munipulating the show. I suspected last year when Constintine when home before Scott. And now they have confirmed it.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  19. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I saw a Caption of the Fox News and Randy Jackson(judge) said it's getting to be "Popularity Contest." seemingly so, especially since Taylor is still standing. He is a Kareoke singer, his range is not very good. If it wasn't for his dancing and bopping around on stage I don't think he would still be there.

I read where Simon thinks Taylor will go all the way, But it's pretty clear that Simon doesn't care that much for him either.

Laura
  20. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

in an elimination show either. It didn't really seem fair to the other contestants.

I thought it was part of the eliminations at first though, and was worried for Taylor. I figured they'd have another "spontaneous" request for an Idol to do an song again, and then reveal those as the bottom 2. But it really was just Taylor doing his thing again, better than he did it the first time too, and I totally enjoyed it, fair or not.

And as for Chris getting eliminated instead of Kat, that was bogus. This isn't a beauty contest, it's supposed to be about singing, and she botched it big time.

Her second song was so bad, I thought Simon's analogy of all that extra cream he didn't want was spot on. She oversang that song like it was a parody. She has a nice voice, but something I've always noticed w/ her is she has no soul in her songs. It's always a contrived looking performance. She never conveys the heart of the lyrics like Fantasia could do so well. I think that handicaps her, and makes her more kareoke or Vegas type act.

Jeanne