very very weird head pain. help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shannon, Dec 7, 2002.

1. shannon

shannon Guest

HI and thank you for reading my post.
    I have been getting very very strange and a bit painfull weird head pains. They are on the sides of my head near my temple's and when I open my jaw even a little they kind of pop and I get this awfull shock like feeling then. I will also get weird painfull spots anywhere in my head that hurt real bad. they do not last very long but hurt very bad and almost take your breath away. anyone else get these at all?
  2. shannon

shannon Guest

HI and thank you for reading my post.
    I have been getting very very strange and a bit painfull weird head pains. They are on the sides of my head near my temple's and when I open my jaw even a little they kind of pop and I get this awfull shock like feeling then. I will also get weird painfull spots anywhere in my head that hurt real bad. they do not last very long but hurt very bad and almost take your breath away. anyone else get these at all?
  3. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

I get a bruisy pain around my temples and my jaw hurts too. I get that pain shock like feeling but around my head, cannot even brush my hair. I don't get it often but when I do it really is painful. I think it could be related to the tight rope bands of muscle. Our bodies have so many trigger points with this DD. Mom3
  4. Carina

Carina New Member

I too get these strange pains in my head. It feels like a bolt of lightening hits usually around the left temple or right above my left ear. It makes me unable to do anything when it strikes because of the pain. My left eye also waters quite a bit. I don't have any pains in my jaw though. Does anyone have this ?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2002]
  5. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

in my head I posted on this once before. I thought mine was due to taking SSRIs but I have been off of them for a long time now but still get a tight feeling in my temples and pressure on top of my head. I also get a pressure feeling in the bridge of my nose. I am not sure what it is but it seems similar to what you experience.
  6. cls

cls New Member

i have various painful spots on my scalp which, if they are pressed on for too long, even by my pillow, will give me headache pain. Trigger points on the scalp. My guess would be trigger points related to a TMJ problem.
  7. achy

achy New Member

If your jaw is poping and pain in your temples it is most likely TMJ. Your dentist can give you a brace to wear at night. Don't let it go, it can get really bad and require surgery....
    The weird painful spots of pain are common for me too...kind of like a cluster headache my doc said.
    Pressure around your forehead, above your eyes, and nose pressure pain is sinus...get it checked out. I had chronic sinusitis and didn't know it...now I am really in a mess trying to avoid surgery.
    ALWAYS get pain checked...it may be nohitn, it may be somethin
    Warm Fuzzies
  8. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

I get the same thing..It is TMJ
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

I currently have a moving pain, running from the base of my skull up the right side of my head & into my eye.
    Not pleasant at all. It is that kind of pain you get when you eat something too cold. Made worse by if I lie down for too long :(

Lease
  10. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

There is an article on the homepage about this. Use one of the search engines (Yahoo or Goggle) there is lots of info about this. Two of my four children suffer from this.
    Karen
  11. Carina

Carina New Member

I sometimes feel a little tenderness along the left cheekbone. I'm wondering if shingles kind of pain is more constant than what I have. I can go for a month or so and be fine then the "lightening" strikes again.
    I've mentioned it my drs. but they Say it is probalby nothing or a little sinus congestion. I have a hard time believing anything drs. say anymore. Last night I had 2 nosebleeds 4 1/2 hrs apart. One of which woke me up. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow to see if we can find out what's up. I'm really afraid to go to bed tonight though. I had one nosebleed about 2 weeks ago. I figured it was dry air since I've never had these problems before. I was okay until last night then I had 2. I'm concerned now. Maybe the pains in my head and the nosebleeds are connected?
  12. skhines

skhines New Member

I too have strange head pains... sharp and as you say "takes your breath away". They are less frequent than they were some years ago. Back in the mid 90's I quit driving except to work and back cause I would get so debilitated by these transient severe pains. My Doc at the time said "Oh it's just a part of the fibro"... Not very reassuring but at least he didn't say it was in my imagination... Hope they get better or at least fewer for you too!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2002]
  13. Rich333

Rich333 New Member

I get weird head pains plus sudden earaches that last a few seconds, really bad pain.

I had shingles years ago, probably part of my CFIDS. The pain was mostly upper back and ribs.

Also I wake up and find blood on the pillow sometimes.

Also jaw pains, clicking. I think some of this is TMJ, some is sinus, some is who the heck knows what.

I have reached the point that I just ride with it and try not to analyze it anymore. I used to feel like I was dying but I didn't. It scares me sometimes but you just go on what else can you do?

I honestly can't tell you how many different pains I get. I have actually lost track of it all: back, head, legs, etc.

I think the best thing is to focus on what you can do and what you can enjoy still, like a nice meal and some good music or a nice day to be outside for a while. Otherwise you will go nuts.

Just my opinions, you and only you know what is best for yourself. Hope you find something to smile about today.

Richard
  14. shannon

shannon Guest

I want to thank you all for your responses. I do have tmj but never experianced that type of pain with it but I am sure that is what it is.

Richard what is shingles? I ask because of my back and constant rib pain...
  15. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I have CFS and TMJ and you can get really bad flare ups of TMJ, where sometime you can't even talk...my daughter has it worse that I and sometime she can't even move her neck and gets terrible headaches...doc gives her valium w/the really BAD flares...hope you feel better quickly.

Re: Shingles, my husband had them, it's from the Herpes Zoster family of viruses...can be VERY painful...look it up on a search...can be contagious when there is an outbreak of sores, so be careful...need to get meds for it if you're dx'd.
    Til next time,
    1Writer
  16. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Dear Shannon it is the tmj and also we have trigger points all in our face, neck and head try this....
    I get three rice socks (fill a sock with uncooked rice and tie off the ends then nuke for about 2 to 3 minutes)and I put all three of mine in the microwave at once for 9 minutes ( you will have to adjust for your microwave) then I lay on my side and place all of those rice socks on my head, neck,face all at once as I am laying down, you want to get as much covered at once as possable I find laying on my side works the best then just relax and I usually fall asleep but at least do it for 20 minutes, then massage you neck, face and head then repeat.....it helps so much!!!
    Well better yet get your hubby or someone else massage you, then you can just sit there and relax!
    Your friend,
    Denise
  17. selmad

selmad New Member

My FMS started with neck , jaw, and facial pain. I went for months thinking it was TMJ or an infected tooth before the pain slowly spread throughout my whole body and was diagnosed with FMS. I think TMJ, myofascial pain, CFS, etc. is all related....... through exercise, allergy free diet, etc, my pain for the most part went away. I occasionally have some tightness in my neck, but that it's about it.--part of my exercise program is neck exercises and sometimes jaws and even eyes!...... herbs helped me alot get through the worst of the facial pain----- st. Johnswort, skullcap, passion flower ---- all nervines helped me get through it. Take in tincture (liquid form) and find the best source you can find .preferably organic and made by a good herbalist. One thing I didn't take then which
    I now take in tea form is Wood Betony. Good for nervous system ---and also facial pain is what I've read in my herb books. So if you're having alot of facial pain I would try Wood Betony ( again as close to the plant form as possible-tea or tincure form). If you have alot of anxiety, sleep issues, or need nervous system support in general , wood betony is also good for that. I've been studying herbalism for about 5 years now. I couldn't live w/o my herbs now..... they are my alternative to drugs and I believe are much safer and effective ......
  18. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

I am bumping this up..........dont worry folks I am only going to do it onceLOL
    Just so maybe Shannon can get a chance to read it
    Your friend,
    Denise