very vivid dreams

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyk902, Dec 1, 2008.

1. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i've been noticing lately that i have been having VERY vivid dreams.. it's almost kind of scary... im in a super deep sleep, and every night the past few weeks my dreams have been really long and extremely descriptive and i remember so many different parts of it, i've noticed a lot of vibrant colors, which i don't normally pick up on. i normally wake up in the middle of the night sometimes but now i'm sleeping all through the night but im still absolutely exhausted when i wake up.. does anyone have dreams like this? i wonder if it could mean anything that im in SUCH a deep sleep?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2008]
  2. cordy250

cordy250 Member

do you use melatonin or is it an ingredient in any other supplement that you use? Your description of the type of dreams is exactly what I have heard from several people that used it.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

Are you taking any meds?

Sleep meds, Antidepressants and anti anxiety drugs can make you have some wild dreams
  4. drbygrl

drbygrl New Member

Have been experiencing most of what you have described, without the exhaustion when I wake up. Thought it was just the weird side effect stuff one has to get used to (?) with some meds.

Am not sure I go into a DEEP sleep; thought that was supposed to alleviate some of the symptoms I'm dealing with.

Look forward to hearing from others re this.
  5. chriscott

chriscott New Member

I've been experiencing the vivid dreams for years now. Whenever they start up, I know I'm going to be exhausted when I wake up. They happen when I take no medication and when I take medication (Ambien CR). They often feel like they really happened and I have to stop and think to figure out if something has really happened. There's been more than one time that I've said something to someone and then realized what I said was a dream. My mom gets them also, no fibro for her though. I always think that if I could just stop dreaming I would feel better.
  6. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I have had really vivid dreams for years!!!!
    If I fall asleep in the afternoon(which is a lot lol)I have horrendous scary dreams and I have also suffered from sleep parylsis(sp) where you are awake but cannot move a muscle!!Frightening!
    I am so used to them now but they are still scary1

Rena
  7. goog1212

goog1212 New Member

Cymbalta and Lexapro both do that to me. Are you on any meds?

I wake up feeling like I was at the movies all night. Not very restful! The good news is that now, after being on Cymbalta for a few years, the dreams occur less often.
  8. Engel

Engel New Member

I got through periods of that also. Not so much lately. Have you had a sleep study?
  9. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

I don't really take any but i do take vitamins but i've never had a problem with crazy dreams from just taking vitamins! who knows what it could be.. but like someone said, i definitely wake up feeling like i just watched a movie.. i guess i'll just enjoy it for now as long as i dont get any nightmares lol
  10. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I have sleep apnea and when my c-pap (breathing machine) mask slips , my dreams come back. I even have dreams in the same place everytime like it is a continuined "life" . Same house , same people , etc.

Sometimes I will half way wake up and want to finish the dream , so I go back to sleep and continue the story . wierd. It makes me fix the c-pap mask fast . The dreams are too tiring.

Holly