VESTIBULAR DISORDER(DIZZY/EAR/HEADACHES)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FOYBOYFOY, Sep 8, 2006.

1. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

FIRST AND FOREMOST THANKS FOR YOUR TIME--
    IVE BEEN HAVING HEADACHES/DIZZYNESS/MILD EAR ACHES
    ITS REAL BAD WHEN IM ON THE COMPUTER/READING/TAKING MY GLASSES OFF. IT BOTHERS ME THE MOST WHEN IM SITTING OR LAYING DOWN.JUST WANT TO LAY DOWN AND DO FOR HOURS. MY NEUROMAN MENTIONED VESTIBULAR DISORDER(MANY TYPES UNDER THIS DX) POSSIBLE AUTOAMMUINE DISEASE ATTACKING ITSELF. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS DIBILITATING CONDITION........GOD BLESS FOY
  2. cats3

cats3 New Member

Hi

I have vestibular neuritis(inflammation of the inner ear)in my left ear.

There are days it doesn't bother me at all and then there are the days I can't take the pain and dizziness etc.

I can get dizzy just standing still---oh what fun.

There are some things I can't watch on TV since it will make me dizzy -- like the ocean, roller coasters, and car races

In the beginning I would get dizzy driving my car which was real fun. I took meds for over a year to stop the dizziness.

Don't remember the name of the meds I took.

There is a good web site that talks about vestibular disorders it is called Vestibular Disorders Association.

3. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For me, this is worse than the pain. Thank God by chance it reduced down after almost a year of misery to just occasional weird head motion feeling. What did it was having a UTI and going on CIPRO. The CIPRO wrecked my guts but had a huge impact of the dizzyness. It was so bad for five months I could not bear to go anywhere.

Maybe try this.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

A couple of months ago I had an attack of what seems to be called BPPV (something like "Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo"). The room spun around violently, especially when I put my head in a certain position, and I had a lot of nausea and vomiting, This happened to me just after a head injury 10 years ago, and periodically in mild form since then. Apparently it's caused by calcium crystals in the inner ear. One doctor suggested that it might have been exacerbated by a sinus infection pushing against the inner ear, and indeed it was a lot better with pseudophedrine. Sinus infections can be bacterial or fungal.....mine seemed to go away with an extended course of Diflucan (now mercifully generic). On the natural side, colloidal silver nasal sprays seem to have a moderately beneficial effect. Treating the BPPV directly is rather hard.....there are some exercises you can do to try to move the crystals into another location, but it works only modestly well. Good luck.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I wanted to add that positional vertigo was ruled out and instead I was eventually told it was probably from a compressed nerve in my neck caused by the FM.

However, it then came as a shock when the CIPRO cleared it up, not completely, but enough so I wish I had taken it ten months earlier!!!

I am considering trying Zithromax(an antibiotic I do OK with) three times a week for three weeks to addess both the CFS/FM and the remaining dizzyness.

I note than many here get dizzyness so it is often another symptom. But rule out the positional vertigo as this can be helped by specific motion exercises.

Love Anne

7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

for 2 yrs strait they dx me with labthrintitis. the dr told me i got a virus in my ear. i have been sensitive to chemicals ever since. 10 yrs later i lost my hearing from a machine. i got my hearing back wih steroids. now im stuck with hyperacusis(hearing too loud) and ringing.i wear earplugs out side put rugs in my kitchen and keep my window shut most of the time. charlene
  8. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member