Vibrating nerve in foot problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... this just strated recently .. I have the tingling and burning sensation on the soles of the feet like a lot of people here seem to have .. but I have the added option of a vibrating nerve in my right foot .. it feels like an electrical zap .. not painful but so ANNOYING !
    Does anyone else have this ? .. Can anything be done about it ? H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

If it's a buzzing sensation, I used to get those.

I haven't had one in a long time. I didn't take anything for it, it would come and go fairly quickly.

Kendra
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi Kendra .. yes .. sort of a buzzing thing .. maddening !
    Hey .. your Ziggy cat is gorgeous ! : )
    [This Message was Edited on 03/16/2006]
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks fudge. He's even better looking in person and the sweetest cat I've ever encountered.

I can't remember when the buzzing stopped for me. I used to feel it different places.

Sometimes my foot and sometimes my leg. It was weird.

Some days it would bother me on and off all day. Then it would quit and not be there for awhile.

Then start again.

I've had chiropractic care since that time, and that could be what has worked.

I hope you can get relief. Try to keep your mind off of it because that can be worse than the feeling (smile).

Kendra

I just saw your kittes. They're sooo cute. Calicos are good cats. The only other cat I had that was so sweet, was a calico I had when I was a teenager.
    She was a doll.

5. caperkat

caperkat New Member

My tingling, pins & needles aren't on the bottoms of my feet, but very much the top of the feet and the hands. It's very unnerving (no pun intended). Sometimes a very warm washcloth applied to the surfaces will help, also the same thing in the face (really strong there). When I'm having a flare, sudden noises, even little ones, cause what feels like an electrical impulse or shock that runs thru me. It usually feels like it starts right in my middle.

kat
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Capercat .. I have the tingling on the top of my feet and my hands too at times .. but it is worse on the soles .. and that buzzing thing that Kendra ( I fixed my first message to Kendra ..it was missing a few correctly spelled words .. sigh .. groan moan .. my brain is fried once again ).. described is exactly that .. glad to know some one else has that happen too ! Thanks Kendra !

It is hard not to think about it when it happens .. it is so DARN annoying but at least it doesn't last too long .. eventually it quiets down ..

The other weird thing is .. if I'm quiet .. laying down or something .. and a sudden noise hapesn .. even if it is one of my girls meowing .. it feels like I have been punched in the stomach .. I react to it so badly ..
    I hope I'm not totally losing it and some one else has that happen to them as well ..
    Talk about super sensitive .. this drives me up the walls .. I should be hanging from there DAILY ! haha
    Thanks guys !
    Fudge : )
  7. Densgirl

Densgirl New Member

Wow, it's good to know I am not alone. I too have pins and needles in my right foot pretty much 24/7. Also in my face. I've had all kinds of electronic nerve testing without finding anything. It usually gets worse as the day goes on and is worst at night when I'm trying to watch TV or sleep. I was just diagnosed with Fibro although I had the symtoms for quite some time.

Pat
  8. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Hi Fudge,

I have had the same vibrating as well, but unlike you, for me it was throughout my whole body. It was worse in my face and on my right side personally. (I don't mean to alarm you please don't think that I feel you have what I have.)

My doc sent me for a lot of nerve conduction tests and found that my nerves were at first overactive in my legs, now though there is a lot of reduction in sensitivity. When I went for an MRI the doc's found that I had spots on the white matter of my brain suggesting a possibility of MS. I have had strokes and a deep vein thrombosis which is a massive blood clot. So like I said before I don't want you thinking that what is going on with me is also going on with you. (Because of all this I have what is called calcified nerves and optical nerve damage, hense the suspicion of the MS.)

The reason I'm telling you this is so you understand and realise that there are other possiblity's than just FM to cause the symptoms you're having. Once again, I'm not suggesting that you may have the start of MS, all I'm saying is always make sure that you mention all symptoms to your doc so that it can be checked out. The last thing any one of us needs is to think that because lots of people have similar symptoms it MUST be FM, that is just not the case.

Sorry for being such a stick in the mud and rambling so much.

Hugs
    Skye
  9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

densgirl .. thank you for your input too ! : )

Skye .. I really appreciate all of the information ! .. Last year oddly enough I had created a blot clot in one of my varicose viens ( too much stress put on that leg while gardening .. yes .. tugging out some nesting spruce that were very stubborn ) .. it was close to the surfave though .. but it made me wonder if something was wrong over all to be happening like this.

Thank you for saying not to put myself in your place with the problems you have had ( I'm sorry things have gotten so complicated for you as well .. ) I have to admit I keep wondering if something such as that is down the road for me too though .. I try to keep on top of everything and I am going to ask about further testing to make sure something isn't creeping up on me.

Again .. thank you all for the responses .. I don't know anyone personally with Fibro or any of the other tag alongs I have .. and it helps so much to have input from other members here !

Thanks ! Fudge : )