Vick's Vapo Rub Seems to Be Helping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Jun 7, 2003.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I want to thank those who mentioned Vick's Vapo Rub in other messages. I have been using it twice a day on my right shoulder and upper arm. I'm still not absolutely sure that this is what's making the difference, but I noticed this morning that I was able to move my right arm our to the side and all the way up (180 degrees). Of course, just now I tried it and only got up to about 110 degrees. But I'm due for more Vapo Rub now. It's probably a combination of things that's helping, but before the Vapo Rub, I hadn't been able to raise my arm that high for months!

--Laura R.M.
  2. teranan

teranan New Member

I'm the one who suggested the Vicks for muscle pain. Glad it is helping.I wish it didn't smell so strong,but it works. ----Terry
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad that good oldie is working for you. I think I must have kept them people in business for years when I was first diagnosed with FM!

I also use one called; 'Banalg', its actually stronger than the Vicks (if you could imagine that). Its also an old remedy.

I had both my shoulders like you described. I have little footstools in all my closets till this day. I could not reach up to get anything off a hanger for months.

Hope you get better soon................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I have never heard of using vicks vapor rub for
    this! Must be the menthol in it I guess.

My favorite is Ben Gay. However, I can only use
    it on my back. If I put it on my neck or shoulders
    it hurts way too much. Same with ice. I can't
    use it on neck or shoulder areas. It really
    hurts me!

I sometimes will open a jar of vicks just to get
    rid of another smell that I can't tolerate! I know,
    I am weird!

Thanks for the tip.
    Lynn
  5. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I use the Vicks on my forehead when I am fighting bad headaches/migraines. It seems to help some.

Glad you are finding some relief!

[ advertisement ]