Vicks Vapor Rub to Eliminate Pain & on feet to help coughs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by JLH, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Just talking out loud ......

I wonder if this would help parts of our body that hurt really bad, but of course, if it did, it would make up smell bad!

I was just talking with my niece who was telling me that her daughter's pediatrician told her, for her daughter's bad cough, to put Vicks Vapor Rub, on the bottom of her feet at night, put socks on, and put her to bed. That will help her cough.

I started searching on the internet and found out that people did do that and it helped!

During my searches, I also learned that diabetics also put the Vicks Vapor Rub on their feet at night to help the pain of diabetic neuropathy. Supposedly, it took the pain away.

If it took the pain away from neuropathy in their feet, I wonder if we could put the Vicks on where we hurt, cover it with something that we could secure it (to keep the warmth feeling in and not to mess up our sheets), go to bed and get up feeling better?????

Does this sound dumb?
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I use it under my nose during allergy season. Also use it when I open the bedroom window and we have been skunked.

I heard from some medical people they use it under their nose when dealing with wounds or body problems they deal with.
  3. nanannan

nanannan New Member

No, this doesn't sound dumb. A few years ago I contracted fungus on my big toenail. My doctor prescribed a drug that would cure it, but all it did was make my ankles swell up like balloons. I read on an AARP health message board that Vicks on the toenail two times a day would get rid of it, but that it would take some time. After two years of applying Vicks to my toenail, it fell off and a new beautiful nail has grown. Little Rudy
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Now that's a good idea. We've had skunks around here lately at night and it is too warm to close the windows. I'll have to try using Vicks the next time it happens. The only time I usually use Vicks under my nose is when I have a really bad cold.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

For Americans who live close to the Canada/US border, you might want to consider purchasing your Vicks from Canada as our formula has a much higher concentration of Camphor in it than the US gov't permits.
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

re Vicks .... I always liked putting a dab of Vicks under my nostrils when I have a stuffy nose with a cold and have a hard time breathing.

I also like the tissues that are out that contain Vicks - when I have a cold.