Vicodin to be YANKED?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Jun 30, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

OMG I just watched a clip on the Today show regarding acetaminophen. They were talking "big changes" with some regular OTC meds having to be an Rx soon. They also talked that Vicodin may be totally yanked from the market, along with some other pain meds.

NOW WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???? I am already on Lyrica AND Vicodin - both at the maximum dose for pain. How am I going to work? How am I going to support myself? I cant afford disability.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!! My doctor Rx my meds and does a good job monitoring me. These drugs have been on the market for decades and now all the of the sudden they are bad? COME ON!!

I bet most of the "PANEL" who will decide the fate of all of us dont have chronic pain issues!

2. kriket

kriket New Member

After 10 yrs of suffering, I finally got refered to a pain management dr and am finally getting some relief with Darvocet and darvon. I have been hearing that they are going to maybe pull these off of the market too. I take vicoden for severe flares. I will be in a fine mess without what works !!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they realize that we cant take anything weaker cause weaker drugs wont work, at least in my case and many others I'm sure. Hope my dr will step up to the plate and replace these pain meds with something that works even if its stronger. I am so worried about this issue too. I am angry that they are just now telling us this, I mean they have been on the market for yrs. I do understand that pain meds are not good for u too, but that's what they are for, is people in PAIN.

I totally understand the feelings u r feeling shari !

3. redwing074

redwing074 New Member

Why don't they do what they do with everything else, slap a warning label on it. I know that this medication has side effects. I'm willing to risk them because it is the only thing that relieves my pain. I take it when I have "panic pain", meaning I'm in so much pain i can think of nothing else literally.

I have already been removed from the only muscle relaxer that works for me "soma" because my state classifies it differently and my state insurance will not allow it. so now i have non stop muscle spasms that make it even more difficult for me to sleep or function when awake. Of course that causes my pain to get to the level of needing vicoden more often than before. I can't win for losing.