vicodin vs lortab

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TFD, Apr 11, 2006.

1. TFD

TFD New Member

Hello all! It is my understanding that both lortab and vicodin have the same stuff in them. Yet, I am allergic to vicodin and not lortab. How can that be? Has anyone else had this problem? When I take vicodin, I have trouble breathing and I break out in a rash. Not so with lortab. Yet according to my pharmacy, there is really no difference.

Thanks for your help?

Tammie
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I have to take lorcet instead of lortab, and they're all supposed to be made with the same basic active ingredient, I think. I think maybe the amount of ingredients are different. My lorcet has more acetomeniphen (sorry I can't spell that word)in them. You might check the amount of ingredients. I think maybe a compounding pharmacist could tell you. I'm fortunate enough to have one of those.
  3. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I know exactly what you are talking about. Vicodin for me does affect me differently than Lortab. Lortab is stronger than Vicodin, the amounts of hydrocodone and tylenol are different in each. Good luck.
  4. TFD

TFD New Member

FYI

I spoke to my pharmacist and she stated that it could be the generic form of vicodin that I am allergic to. Each has different fillers so it could be those that I am allergic to not the medication.