vicoprofen VS vicoden

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamer28455, Apr 25, 2007.

1. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

please give me any advice on the two!! I know both are bad for something but which is worse?? I was just prescribed vicoprofen and it is definatly the first thing to work for me...but is vicoden better for you? I dont know if ibprofen or acetemenefen (sorry spelling) is worse for longterm use because i am going to use this longterm considering that i am getting some pain relief with it..finally yay!! please help me out here!! Thanks in advance! <3 Rachel
  2. debhun

debhun New Member

the Ibpofen would be worse. But you can get it without either one. That is what I would do.
  3. JCola1984

JCola1984 New Member

vicofrofen only has 200mg of ibuprofen while reg. vikes have either 325,or 350 or sometimes 500mg of acetomenophen. i would go w vicoprofen. 7.5/200 seems better and more affective than any hydrocodone 5/xxx of tylenol
  4. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

debhun, you can get hydrocodone w/o either in it? i may have to suggest that to the doc when i talk to him.

jcola, i am on the 7.5/200 vicoprofen. i am just worried about the ibprofen longterm damage vs the tylonal...it just that i've heard worse this about ibprofen and stomach bleeding and such! im going to talk it over with my doc but i still appreciate any opinions! its better to get advice from people here who have tried things and are going through the same issues and meds! Thanks!

<3 Rachel
  5. JCola1984

JCola1984 New Member

im on vicoprofens now they work more effectivly. and its only 200ml thats not alot
  6. debhun

debhun New Member

oxcodone spelling might be wrong. sorry if it is. But you Dr will know what it is. You would take it every 12 hours I think.
    Deb
  7. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

jcola...so far so good with the vicoprofen im going to give it a little while since it is working well! im so happy to have a little relief...which i have never felt before lol!

debhun, i think eventually i will ask about the oxycodone but i know that that is a much more controversial drug. i am going to talk about the ibprofen issue with my doc when i see him on the 2nd but im afraid to bring up the oxycodone b/c he may think im after harder drugs when really im just worried about my stomach!!
    <3 Rachel
  8. JCola1984

JCola1984 New Member

uh r u thinkinkin of oxycontin?? oxycodone is just generic percocet
  9. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

i am talking about oxycodone..not oxycontin...oxycodone is a stronger narcotic than vicoden right? im always nervous about talking about narcotics to my doc...i feel like a druggie cuz im so used to other docs treating me that way..i just want pain relief and anyone who suffers from chronic pain is not going to become addicted...just dependant because being in pain all the time sucks and is destroying my life!!

<3 Rachel <3